Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Saw this on the M3….
  • lucien

Not sure I understand the point of it really….

Pook

Not enough traffic jams caused by people slamming on about 200yds back up the road.

Oh, and is it ‘lectric?

matt_outandabout

It is a car. Owned and used by the Police to go about their duties.
    /next

lucien

So is this…..

And I’m guessing I can get more of the later for the price of one former – so as I say, not sure I understand…..

Jamie
    Free Member

The vehicle is being used by officers at public events to increase community engagement and to raise road safety awareness.

Sgt Owen Messenger has borrowed the car from Lotus, who are providing it free of charge. He said: “We have taken the car to a few events now and the response has been overwhelming,” said Sgt Messenger. “People literally flock to it. It’s a stunning looking car and with the police badges it’s very unusual.”

Sauce

bearnecessities

Everything about this is right*

*if it really existed.

gee
    Free Member

It did in Italy until they crashed it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8388128.stm

GB

acehtn
    Free Member

You saw it on the M3, did you take the photo as well, did it chase you 🙂

Few 911 police cars in the past, flash/fast motor is not that unusal on motorways.

njee20
    Free Member

Dubai police have a fleet of super cars that looks like something out of Need For Speed, can’t post pics on the iPad, but they look ridiculous.

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

Meanwhile, in France

Markie
    Free Member

Per njee20

Houns

I had a sit in it when west Mids/west Mercia police had it a few years back when it came to work

MussEd
    Free Member

Meanwhile in rural Scotland…

Northwind

wrecker
    Free Member

I saw it in a service station and had a chat to the rozzers. They said it was just a PR thing for speed awareness. It doesn’t really function as a police car; they can’t put anyone in the back for a stern word or lift to the cop shop.

MoreCashThanDash

For the same reason Derbyshire Police have a Fireblade – makes the potential loons stop, ask questions, have a chat, maybe learn something…

samuri
    Free Member

They’d need that if I had a tailwind.

Trekster

Police Tractor at Dumfries transport show.© All rights are reserved !

Derbyshire Police also have a stickered up tractor.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I got knicked by an unmarked Sierra Cosworth, I should have realised it was police car as it was driving so slowly ! Sussex police had quite a nice silver Audi – RS I think – again unmarked. They knew I’d been going quite fast but weren’t close enough to do anything about it, after catching up and driving right up my a*** for a while, they put the lights on and screamed off – I’d guess 120+

takisawa2

Our local Fire Brigade have at least one Range Rover Sport.
    A Landrover I can sort of understand, but a RR Sport… just seems like a waste of vital cash. 😐

thegreatape
    Free Member

Meanwhile in rural Scotland…

One of them parked outside my office. Only difference I can see is the 62 plate in place of the B!

ssboggy

Derbyshire police also have a stickered up tractor.

I recon the Lotus will be quicker 😯

bensales
    Free Member

The value of the advertising to Lotus is huge. That will get far more attention for the brand than billboards by motorways.

Lotus get loads of free advertising, coppers get a fancy car to play with for a bit. Win-win all round.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Police Scotland have an Audi Q9 – has a wee sticker on the back saying “this car was recovered from the proceeds of crime” i.e. they nicked a gangster and then they nicked his car.

benji
    Free Member

They say it gets the brand publicity, but how many people actually think I must buy the same cars as the police use, especially those buying a lotus. Yes I would like a bmw 5 series estate, but it’s nothing to do with what the police use, it’s just ideal for chucking lots of kit in the back of and I like how bmw’s drive.

scud
    Free Member

I once had a bright orange Ford Focus ST comes screaming up behind me in the fast lane of the M25 and sit 2 feet away from my back bumper, i pulled into the middle lane and was about to show them an appropriate hand gesture when i realised they were Police in an unmakred car and they pulled the guy in front of me over.

Solo
    Free Member

I worked on the Evora project.
    **Shudders**

bails

Police Scotland have an Audi Q9 – has a wee sticker on the back saying “this car was recovered from the proceeds of crime” i.e. they nicked a gangster and then they nicked his car

I’ve heard someone else (on here or another forum) point out that the “Look what we seized” displays might not have the intended effect.

Go to a deprived area of the country where the only (apparent) likely source of significant income is criminal activity and tell everyone “if you start nicking stuff and dealing drugs you too could buy a flash car like this”….

bigyinn
    Free Member

bails – Member

Go to a deprived area of the country where the only (apparent) likely source of significant income is criminal activity and tell everyone “if you start nicking stuff and dealing drugs you too could buy a flash car like this”….

Take you all day to work that our did you? 🙄

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Saw this on the M3….’ is closed to new replies.