Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Saw a boy band last night – oooh my ears!
  • globalti
    Free Member

Took my son aged 15 to see You Me at Six at The Apollo in Manchester and my poor ears are ringing this morning, not from the loudness of the music but from the SQUEALING! The audience must have been 75% girls and they can shriek loud enough to curdle my poor brain. Oh well, I must have been about 16 when I first saw The Who live at Newcastle City Hall and they were so loud that my ears were still dull a day later.

(He only wanted to go because a girl he fancies at school was there with her pals – sadly they couldn’t find each other in the crowd.)

slackalice
    Free Member

Never heard of them! Do they play instruments? If so, I’ll accept they’re a band. Quite why these vocal groups are called ‘bands’ is beyond my limited reasoning 😐

If not, then they are a ‘troup’, or possibly trio, quartet, quintet etc etc.

Feeling ‘nowty’ today 👿

binners

He only wanted to go because a girl he fancies at school was there with her pals – sadly they couldn’t find each other in the crowd

Thats a valuable life lesson learned, right there!

Did you teach him the correct approach for such situations. “I’ll be in the pub. Give us a shout when you’re done”

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    chewkw
    Free Member

That will learn you for going to “music” concert. 😆

martinhutch

Did you not tell him that being taken to a boy band concert by your dad when you’re 15 isn’t exactly good for your ‘cred’?

hatter

I’m already trying to instill a decent taste in music into my toddler so that I can avoid this kind of thing in 12 years.

He happily shouts along to the chorus of Master of Puppets so that’s progress I guess.

globalti
    Free Member

Since he never managed to meet up with the girlie, I don’t expect he told her he was with his Dad!

Must admit that I can’t remember much about the music, it was just an hour of rather repetitive bang bang bang and leaping around on stage without any real virtuosity. Pretty good light show though.

Next time I will drop him there and nip over to Rusholme for a shawarma.

Harry_the_Spider

My 4 year old daughter is very much into The Sisters of Mercy at the moment.

I look forward to her first gig.

DezB
    Free Member

You & Me At 6 aren’t really a boy band though, are they?? Not in the One Direction sense of the word? ( I mean, I think they can actually play). Imagine what a 1Direction gig would be like!

Northwind

Yeah, You Me At Six have been on the cover of Kerrang and stuff. Can’t think what they sound like, some sort of insipid us-style shiny pop punk?

DezB
    Free Member

I thought they were like a Green Day/Fall Out Boy rip-off pop-punky type band. Can’t be bothered to listen to find out though!

wrightyson
    Free Member

Seen them as a support. Good band I thought. Far from boy band I’d say! Did you get up the front?

razorrazoo

Just had a listen, definitely an Emo/PopRock type band who seem to have picked up a teen following. Saw loads of emo kids queuing up in Kingston a couple of months ago to see them, seem to cater to teenagers who are more into their musical subcultures than your average 1D fan who typically seem to fit into the younger age category.

john_drummer
    Free Member

My 4 year old daughter is very much into The Sisters of Mercy at the moment.

I look forward to her first gig.

don’t, they’re carp these days 😉

get her a copy of the “WAKE” video if you can find one, much better

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dQV_8hhKZg[/video]

this to anyone, if you’re going to make a habit of going to gigs full of screaming teenage girls, get some of these:
    http://www.drumshop.co.uk/buy/docs-proplugs-vented-without-leash.htm

CountZero

I believe I may have heard a You and Me at 6 track on 6Records, so must have a modicum of critical approval.
    Not so much my thing, I shall be ‘rocking out’ to goldfrapp in Bristol tonight. 😀

prawny

I saw them as support at Fall Out Boy a few years ago. I’m quite into my polished teen pop punk as a hangover from my teen early emo years so I can tolerate You Me At Six, but they’re not as good as they were. A bit too shiny now.

Still, I’d be happy enough if my kids were into that sort of thing in their teens. Although my eldest made me skip a Killswitch Engage track in the car because it wasn’t heavy enough. So proud.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Saw a boy band last night – oooh my ears!’ is closed to new replies.