Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Saving phone numbers to your sim?
  • erny
    Free Member

I’m changing my blackberry to my wife’s old iPhone 3g,how do I save all my phone numbers to my sim card then transfer them to the iPhone?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Possibly better to back them up online if you can. Saving to your sim means you then end up with a load of contacts saying: Erny Home, Erny Work, Erny Mobile etc etc

float
    Free Member

ok this is going to be a pretty general guess, but its how my phone does it. go into contacts and find an option where you can select all the names, once youve done that find another option that says something along the lines of ‘move to sim’ and that should do it.

atlaz
    Free Member

I just use Google Sync on my blackberry and then sync the numbers back onto my iphone

weirdnumber
    Free Member

Your blackberry has no option to save numbers to the sim. Your network providers shop or an apple store will have a data transfer tool. Otherwise you will have to look at other sync options mentioned above.

Cougar

Your blackberry has no option to save numbers to the sim.

Even if it did you wouldn’t want to, the storage ability of the SIM is much more limited than your average smartphone. Contacts to SIM was a good idea back in Nokia 6110 days, these days it’s asking for problems.

Far more reliable to sync to something else (Google, Outlook) and sync back. I’ve used Outlook as the ‘glue’ since my first phone back in the early Jurassic, and more recently switched to Google when I moved to Android.

Cougar
    prettygreenparrot

iPhone doesn’t use SIM-based contacts AFAIK. Sync your blackberry contacts with your contacts in Mac Mail or GMail. Then use iCloud.

erny
    Free Member

All done thanks very much

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Saving phone numbers to your sim?’ is closed to new replies.