Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Save website as PDF
  • Duane…
    Free Member

Hi all,

Need to save all the pages of a fairly simple site (around 6 pages) as PDFs.

I’ve tried using the built in Chrome Print to PDF, and also a Virtual PDF Printer add-on, but both aren’t perfect.

The website has been made in Wix, and has slideshows. Where there are galleries, they just have a black area, and they also have random Wix adverts dotted around (which aren’t visible on the actual site).

Does anyone know of a converter (or simple method of doing this) which does more of a print screen, to simply capture the site as it appears (obviously slideshows will be just one image).

Most of the pages involve scrolling so just print screening doesn’t really work (zooming out isn’t ideal).

Thanks!
    Duane.

Ladders
    Free Member

Yr probably better taking a screen grab really!

allthegear
    Free Member

I seem to remember doing this once or twice with wkhtmltopdf, a command line version of Chrome, for want of a better explanation…

Rachel

PJay
    Free Member

There are a number of PDF creation tools that present themselves as a virtual printer; anything ‘printed’ to them ends up as a PDF file. You could print from your browser straight to a PDF file.

I use GDoc, but I think that this has now been taken over by Corel but I think that there are free utilities out there too.

Cougar

Convert to MHTML first, I’d hazard.

Then something like this: http://www.novapdf.com/kb/converting-an-mhtml-document-to-a-pdf-373.html

Got to ask though, why on Earth would you want to?

nickjb
    Free Member

Using chrome is a bad place to start. The printing options are pretty poor. Install a pdf printer like cutepdf and print from ie or firefox.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Save website as PDF’ is closed to new replies.