Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Save the dave.
  • zippykona

Everyone knows and probably rides with a Dave.
    I don’t know any new born Daves. Its all Connors and Reeces.
    Who is the youngest person you know called Dave?

colournoise

I teach a Dave in Y9 (13/14 years old).

Only one I can think of in a school of close to 1000 though.

slainte ➡ rob

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

I know a 4 week old Dave.

😀

slimjim78
    Free Member

have you met a Baby Keith recently?

Or Gary?

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I’m a 31 year old Dave, at school there were 5 other Daves in my class and 12 in my year. The youngest I know is 9, were a dying breed.

lister

It takes a weird mind to gaze at a new born baby and thing ‘Derek’…

scaredypants

lister – Member

It takes a weird mind to gaze at a new born baby and thin(k) ‘Derek Starship’s been at my missus !’…
    😯

convert

I was going to say Derek.

My mate went for Frank for his littleun 5 years ago and I couldn’t stop doing an EastEnders stylee “Frrrrank” every time I saw him but now it seems pretty cool.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

What about baby robins?

Also I would like more Charlottes and Jacquelines in the world as they are the only people I have ever had a threesome with.

yunki
    Free Member

Dave’s are Rad.. and holy

Hopefully this thread can get my face a bit higher up the google ratings when people google ‘dave’

EDIT: PAH! not even in the first 15 pages.. even ex Iron Maiden guitarist Dave Murray is more influential in the googlesphere..

shame on you stw for failing me in my hour of need

Cougar

I’ve lose count of the number of anecdotal tales that have started, “my mate Dave…”

PiknMix
    Free Member

20 is the youngest dave I know, and the only dave I know for that matter.

philconsequence
    Free Member

Dave is my fall back name for when I forget somebodys name… “I’m crap with names so just to warn you, I will call you dave, or dude”

Love the name dave, the world needs more

bruneep

Thought this was about setting a savings plan for a certain member

kayak23

Had a friend at uni called Tim, but we all called him Dave. Fact.

Too many Daves

Did I ever tell you that Mrs. McCave Had twenty-three sons, and she named them all Dave?

Well, she did. And that wasn’t a smart thing to do. You see, when she wants one, and calls out “Yoo-Hoo! Come into the house, Dave!” she doesn’t get one. All twenty-three Daves of hers come on the run!

This makes things quite difficult at the McCaves’ As you can imagine, with so many Daves. And often she wishes that, when they were born, She had named one of them Bodkin Van Horn. And one of them Hoos-Foos. And one of them Snimm. And one of them Hot-Shot. And one Sunny Jim. Another one Putt-Putt. Another one Moon Face. Another one Marvin O’Gravel Balloon Face. And one of them Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate…

But she didn’t do it. And now it’s too late.

lynxx
    Free Member

Any temps we have for the odd week or two are called Dave. They don’t like it, but it’s easier for us to remember!

Long live Dave

thegreatape
    Free Member

Dave is my fall back name for when I forget somebodys name

Morning Trigger.

1981miked
    Free Member

My fall back name for people is Jim or Boggles.. I use them ALOT as im guff with names.

Also have a friend called Lindsey but we call him Angus and a friend called Kenneth but everybody calls him Jack.,, no idea why mind u.

crikey
    Free Member

All physios are called Dave, even the ones who aren’t, and that goes for lady physios too.

scaredypants

WHen I started my 1st proper job after uni, I’d fallen off my bike and scraped most of the skin off one side of my face and shoulder 2 days earlier.
    It hurt quite a lot but my employer didn’t suggest I take time off and so I turned up. Was taken around by one of the staff and introduced to loads of people but mind wasn’t really engaged. About half an hour in, I heard her introduce me as “David” so I corrected her but by then I’d met thyree-quarters of the staff and became a “Dave” for the first couple of weeks

(I worked in a department where all new trainees, both sexes, were referred to by us as Dave – eventually we were told to stop 🙁 )

ocrider

There will still be plenty of Davids in Wales, I’m sure.

GrahamS

I don’t know any new born Daves. Its all Connors and Reeces.

There a lot of Terminator fans where you live?

goodgugu
    Free Member

Only Fools and Horses..
    Trigger: “..and if it’s a boy they’re going to call it Rodney – after Dave”!!

Priceless

scaled
    Free Member

Yeha i know a good few Dais in south wales…

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Bet there are more Davids than Alans

When was the last time you saw a baby Alan

Or for the girls a baby Sandra

DezB
    Free Member

Dave will be cool in about 20 years.
    20 years ago it would’ve be unthinkable to call a kid Sid or Henry. Now they’re everywhere. There’s even a Cyril at my kid’s school. (or is that the caretaker..?)
    Derek will just die out though..

willard

I work with a chap called Dave and there’s another one in our other office, but I think that’s about it.

verses

Whatever happened to all the Ethels, Enids and Veras? Surely they’re due a comeback, along with Reginalds and Horaces.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Save the dave.’ is closed to new replies.