Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • save for a road bike,or buy stuff for my mtb instead.
  • racefaceec90

have asked about road bikes on here already.i have started to pay towards a road bike (either a giant tcr composite 2/or defy composite 2).have wanted to get a road bike for a long time.am thinking though,that for the money for the bike (£1500),i could get a fair few goodies for my duster.things like some really good lights (exposure 6 pack mk 2/diablo helmet light),some good clothing/waterproofs/decent backpack (do not have much cycle clothing to be honest)and some upgrades for my bike.as i cannot make my mind up (nothing new there),would like to hear what you would do.thanks and apologies for another what should i do/get post 🙂

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

You really don’t have to get all the top of the range stuff. Cheaper road bike + cheaper lights?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Save for a road bike. 2 bikes are better than one.

Upgrades seem pretty pointless if you could have another bike. The only point in “upgrading” things if you have a load of spare cash kicking about that you’re not doing anything with.

flow
    Free Member

Definitely road bike, it will make you MTB’ing a lot more fun than upgrading stuff on your MTB could.

Blackhound

I have a brand new TCR 2 for sale on the classifieds so new bike (if your size) and some goodies.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Why a composite may i ask ……

An alloy roadie will be just as good and wont cost you the earth

racefaceec90

thanks blackhound,but i will be buying the bike from the bike shop i frequent (have just started to pay towards it).trail rat just wanted to treat myself to be honest and liked the look of the giants.also saving for it means that i cannot spend it on stuff i don’t need 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘save for a road bike,or buy stuff for my mtb instead.’ is closed to new replies.