Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Sauze d'Oulx camping
  • KateD
    Free Member

We’re off on an alp’s road trip in August and are hoping to visit Alpi Bike park in Sauze d’Oulx. We were hoping to camp but can’t find any campsites in Sauze online. Alternatively we can sleep in the van but would be good to know if there are any public showers.

Has anyone been there and know of any campsites, or if not know if there are any showers available to use.

coopersport1
    Free Member

Few miles up the valley but within riding distance you’ve got Camping Granbosco. Was a nice clean site with excellent showers! and if you go right to the end of the ablutions there are even sit on loos rather than squat drops! took me 2 days to figure this out! I’ll be going back there late July
    http://www.campinggranbosco.it/

Not sure about access but there are showers just past the tennis club in town on the left as you drive up into Saux. They’re the ones we used at the end of Ironbike but may have only been open for that

KateD
    Free Member

Thank you! That’s exactly the info I was after 🙂

kayak23

We stayed last summer and wild camped up the mountain. Drove up the fire road until we found a nice open bit of grass, pitched up. Gorgeous spots up there but I guess you’re not strictly supposed to do that.
    No showers obviously…

FieldMarshall

We rode at Sauze and stayed at Granbosco last year. Facilities were good but i would say its not within riding distant if on a heavy Alps equipped long travel FS. It’s a good 15min drive and then a few thousand feet up the mountain to the resort so quite a trek with a FS, body armour , full face etc.

Plus the campsite is close to a noisy road.

Sauze itself is superb. Great riding. Really quiet trails.

Next time we will wild camp in the van. And forgo the showers. If you take a right in the centre of town, next to the bikewash/photo hut, there’s a large carpark where you could park up for the night. Its only 5 mins downhill from there to the lift.

If you want to be more remote drive through the car park on carry on along the track. Plenty of places to park up.

KateD
    Free Member

Did wonder about the riding distance bit when i looked on google maps then realised cooper sport said he was there for’ ‘iron bike’ and the penny dropped’. I think we might give the wild camping a go and I’ll look into taking a solar shower or there’s always the bike wash!

FieldMarshall

It’s a really relaxed place so you should be fine in your van. There was a camper and a couple of tents there when we were there. We would have stayed there ourselves but we didn’t realise it was there until the next day as although it’s just round the corner from the main square/bike wash it’s not visible and not signed.

It is possible to drive up to the higher lift station and theres plenty of really quiet places to stay up there, but it is designated as a nature reserve so we turned back. Same goes for the track from the car park. It takes you into a reserve. So maybe best avoided.

There wasnt a lot of info/signs about the Mtb’n so we struggled a bit at first. But the guy who runs the photo hut is english and was really helpful.

Yes bike wash is definitely an option for hose down.

My friend used the toilets in a cafe on the square and they were very friendly by all accounts.

Would love to go back. Great trails.

If you’re taking the Frejus tunnel in the van be warned its really expensive

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Sauze d'Oulx camping’ is closed to new replies.