Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Saturday beer thread!
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Whatcha got, then?

Found a very good new L(ish)BS that has an excellent range of interesting stuff. So, I’ve got these lined up.

Only ever had the Cwtch on tap and loved it. Tiny Rebel are churning out some lovely beers, and it helps that I love the whole look of their stuff too! Never had the Dark Side, but Weird Beard stuff has always impressed.

Pouring shortly…..

rOcKeTdOg

Hereford pale ale here with tomatoes & bacon on toast

bikebouy
    Free Member

Nah, not tonight. Last nights most excellent “storm chaser” from the Flower Pots was enough beer for one weekend.
    Tonight shall be this..

Inbred456
    Free Member

clunker

On the Blacksheep Riggwelter

wallop

No beer tonight – on this tonight:

ourmaninthenorth

Wychwood Fire Cracker

zbonty

Currently a Doom Bar from the fridge. Then a trip to the pub in a bit. They have the regional Camra award year after year so no issue getting a decent pint tonight!

Kunstler

My current favourite.

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

GF just got a new job:

Would have preferred a 2002 DP, but it’s getting incredibly hard to find and this was the best Waitrose could offer.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Trying a kindl Weisse with creme de cassis, chambord and might try it with amaretto

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Butcombe Blonde for me, to be followed by Butcombe Atlantic IPA with a finish by some beer I brought back from my few days in Bridport – but I can’t remember what it is. Some kind of pale ale.

crossland
    Free Member

A couple of pints of Stanway bitter in the pub earlier now on the home made stout

thomthumb
    Free Member

got had 16 pints of this. lot less now.

NewRetroTom

Tasty stuff

somafunk

Drac

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Drac wins the thread!

Mackem

Popping out to the local for a couple of these. Quite nice on a cold night.

Drac

Drac wins the thread!

Hahaha! I wish could join you all but I have work tomorrow.

juanking

Another Williams Bros fan here, on the 7 Giraffes tonight.

jimplops

Erdinger dunkel

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Drac wins the thread!

I prefer the barrel aged version….

😉

Some good stuff being quaffed, folks! Great to see so much of it from UK breweries as well!

athgray
    Free Member

On the wine and whisky tonight, but I do like the look of those CFH. Very eye catching.

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Skol

infidel
    Free Member

Homebrew these days at Chateau Infidel.

Currently got cider from our James Grieve apples. Went into second ferment at 8.7% so it’s probably near 10 now! Also St Peters Ruby Red Ale which is glorious and I’ve got a lager just about to barrel. The latter is a cheapy lager kit which I’ve added dark spray malt and glucose to – will be a dark Czech style lager when done.

beej

This is my haul today from the same shop as Flashy. I’ve got a Something Something Darkside in the beer cave and a Cwtch chilling at the moment. Tried the Red Cat Kairos earlier, beautiful.

jimdubleyou

Touch of the Timmy Taylor Landlord for me tonight.

iolo
    Free Member

JulianA
    Free Member

Mostly Coral tonight, coupled with two large glasses of red and a steak of epic proportions in La Vaca Negra.

So far so good but sometimes wonder… Was it worth all the travelling just for a birthday?

Have to be somewhere I suppose…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Beej….not sure how you know the location! That looks like stock from the same place, though. Are you stalking me? 🙂

Was good as a kitchen shop, prefer it as a beer shop, though! Shame it’s not that local, but will be paying occasional visits. They certainly know their stuff. Was offered a few tasters from the growler pumps while I was in. Some delicious beers on the go!

beej

I know you are North Hampshire based, and I bet there’s only one shop that would be localish that would stock those two.

The Kitchenmonger was good – I think there is still one in Winchester. I prefer the beer and spirits place though. I just ask for recommendations from the beer expert woman, she’s very good.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

🙂

“beer expert woman”.

I’ll tell her you call her that! Suspect she’ll be flattered.

It does certainly seem a good place. A little lacking in American stuff and really big Imperial Stouts, but otherwise, very impressed so far.

toby1

Followed by my old favourite, Dead Pony.

isto
    Free Member

cynic-al
    Free Member

For once I was our. A couple of molecatchers in the Crown, lovely.

juanking

If anyone finds and Magic Hat #9 in stock anywhere please let me know. Cheers!

marcus7
    Free Member

Just got in from the village beer festival… Can’t remember what I had but it was all good… :mrgreen:

Simon

I know it’s no longer Saturday but I’ve got these from the Magic Rock Brewery to sample tonight. Late birthday present from my bro.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Saturday beer thread!’ is closed to new replies.