Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Satmap Active 10 maps
  • manny1964
    Free Member

Hi All,

I have just bought a Satmap active 10 GPS, does anyone know of any sites to download mtb route maps that are compatable? I'm a GPS novice any tips would be great.

Cheers,

Manny

josh1982
    Free Member

you will be able to download .gpx routes through the satmap route share forum. you can also down load any .gpx file and it will load it through the satsync software.

you will need the relevant map card though to see the os mapping. otherwise your route will be laid over the road map.

what unit did you get? standard 10, 10 bike or 10 plus? where did you get it from? used it much yet?

manny1964
    Free Member

Hi,
    Thanks for the reply, I just got the standard active 10 off ebay 2nd hand (£200), with Cumbria and Lancashire maps included. I haven't even used it yet. I need to get the yorkshire maps first I live in Hull but often ride North York Moors / Dalby. I have bought the handle bar mount and a rechargeable battery.

Cheers,

Manny

josh1982
    Free Member

This link will let you create routes in GPX and then you will be able to upload them to your unit via sat sync.

regards,

kennyp
    Free Member

Can you get foreign road maps (Belgium in particular) for the Satmap?

josh1982
    Free Member

you can get 1:50k belgium. thats on and off road. not designed for car but perfect for touring by bike or foot.

kennyp
    Free Member

Cheers josh. It's touring by bike we're interested in. Thinking of heading over in April to do some of the Tour of Flanders route.

josh1982
    Free Member

Biketreks- Ambleside, Blazing Saddles- Hebden Bridge and All terrain cycles stock the active 10 and the Belgium map would be special order so allow 10days if you decide to get one. any further q's let me know.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Satmap Active 10 maps’ is closed to new replies.