Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Satmap 10 – Question for any owners on here
  • whimbrel
    Free Member

Toyed with the idea of one of these for ages, then prompted by a recent post on here pointing to the package Amazon were selling, I took the plunge.
    Happy with purchase apart from one niggling issue, so want to check with other owners whether I’m being too picky before thinking about sending it back.
    Owners, does the screen distort/shimmer like any LCD screen does when pressed, when you press either of the front mounted buttons at the bottom of the screen. If I press these, particularly the right one, the screen distorts. If I use my nail on the scalloped bottom edge of the button there is no problem, but as that edge of the button needs to be depressed below the level of the case, if I’m wearing gloves I can’t use my nail and end up pressing further up on the button, the screen distorts near the button while I’m pressing button.
    The distortion is only for an instant.
    Does yours do this?
    Will it damage the screen over time?

Thanks in advance.

lucien

Had mine for at least 2 years and it’s not caused any problems with mine

jimc101
    Free Member

Had one for about 4 years now, no issues from any screen distortion.

The screen cover should stop any damage happening to the actual LCD screen.

Have used alot on the bike, in all weathers, and never found myself pressing on the screen rather than the buttons, the butttons do need to be depressed hard sometimes, and it isn’t always the quickest of devices to react when you want it to.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

On mine the dark grey background of whatever is showing on the screen at the time goes very slightly lighter in patches, same as if you press the screen with a finger.

It is very slight though, never noticed it on the trail.

Distortion is not a word you could use though, so maybe yours is faulty.

You could try giving Satmap a ring (they are in Leatherhead) to see what they think.

Only problems with mine is that the screen protector is too soft and gets marked easily.

The solution is to put a screen protector over it.

pete68
    Free Member

Had mine 3 years and doesn’t do that. They seem pretty good at sorting problems though. Mine had to go back for repairs through wear and tear and was fixed and returned very quickly.

whimbrel
    Free Member

TurnerGuy, I think mine is doing same as yours, you have described it better than me. Distortion may be a bit strong. I’m probably being a bit picky and will stick with it.
    Thanks for all replies.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Satmap 10 – Question for any owners on here’ is closed to new replies.