Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Satellite Internet Is This A Good Deal?
  • pistonbroke
    Free Member

Moved to Southern Catalunya 5 months ago, the house has no landline so we receive internet via satellite. Eurona is the provider and our original deal allowed for a monthly download limit of 10Gb which lasted little more than 2weeks, then it reverted to dial up speed. After several frustrating calls, we managed to get this increased to 25Gb at a speed of 22Mbps download and 6Mbps upload and we have been given a revised quote of €55 per month. We brought a smart tv with us and Netflix has recently become available here but I’m unsure whether signing up will again smash our download quota.
    Has anyone experience of this as living in the uk has made us a bit complacent about such matters.

br
    Free Member

It’s irrelevant of whether it sounds good/bad to us in the UK, if that’s the only deal you can get…

To put it into perspective my colleague at work gets 100MB for the same price (£25 per month) that I get 4MB.

Also at work we only have two 4MB lines, the only upgrade is a leased line, at £1100 per month (plus installation costs for 10 miles).

Welcome to the countryside.

Tiger6791

Ask Stu, he’s on Sat t’interweb

cbike
    Free Member

My uncle has it in Alora spain – its terrible. Judging by his connection, Netflix will be unusable – it barely maintains a skype call.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Satellite Internet Is This A Good Deal?’ is closed to new replies.