Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Sat on the Tarmac at LGW trying to get to EDI – weather issues?
  • geoffj

3 hr delay so far. BA flights to Bermuda cancelled for a bit of dodgey weather? Seems a bit unlikely. Do I need to fashion myself a tinfoil hat?

Anyone know anything?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

3 hr delay

😉

Try a five hour delay post-boarding, before a 12hr flight! Five hours, on a plane, before take off. Luckily, I was upstairs! 😀

It’s hooning it down here, and windy, not too far from LGW. You could always go and ask someone what’s happening, as I suspect that BA staff in the airport may know more than us on here!

scotroutes

Well, I can at least confirm that Edinburgh isn’t in Bermuda.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Jamie
    Free Member

LGW > EDI > Bermuda?

*Note to self: Never get Geoff to book my flights*

geoffj

You could always go and ask someone what’s happening, as I suspect that BA staff in the airport may know more than us on here!

Where’s the fun in that? Besides I’m stuck on the orange airbus not in the terminal.
    A bit of iffy weather sounds a bit of a lame excuse, that is all 😕

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’m stuck on the orange airbus

Not flying with BA, then?

geoffj

Nope. The point I was trying to make was that there seems to be a hell of a lot if disruption for a bit if weather.
    Bumping an orange flight full of 2nd rate Scotch it consultants returning home for the weekend is one thing, but interrupting international stationery sellers autumnal holidays would be quite expensive – I would imagine.

*crews run out of hours now 🙁

*Note to self: Never get Geoff to book my flights*
    That’s what you have Darcy for innit?

cloudnine
    Free Member

No bad weather thats showing on the charts.. theres a big storm forcast on its way though (6 days away).. depends on how long you’ll be sat in the plane as to whether this will affect your flight.
    edit..

there maybe a local storm

http://magicseaweed.com/North-Atlantic-Surf-Chart/2/?chartType=WMAG

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

interrupting international stationery sellers autumnal holidays would be quite expensive – I would imagine.

You weren’t on the SFO flight the day they ran out of Chablis. There was nearly mid-air carnage, let me tell you!

🙂

Hope you get wheels up soon. Never nice hanging around an airport, even less so without a lounge to booze while away the time in.

allthepies
    Free Member

This all day long.

joat

Well they’re stationary sellers now.
    IGMC

geoffj

This is payback for 4 days sunny road riding in Mallorca.
    If I don’t get back to wrangle kids tonight so that mrs j can finish her Pilates teacher training this weekend, she’s going to have my head on a spike. 😡

cloudnine
    Free Member

Actually there’s some pretty shitty weather on the way to bermuda.. it is hurricane season afterall

http://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/

bigG
    Free Member

Bearing In mind my experience of Geoff’s understatement tendencies from a new contact centre set up in Larbert with his immortal line- “it’s a piece of piss all you do is log in” I don’t doubt for a minute that his mrs will indeed have his balls for castanets if he doesn’t get home.

Safe travels, how many gins so far mate?

crazy-legs

“Weather” is one of those wonderful all-encompassing terms in aviation but actually pretty accurate.

If a plane gets delayed over the Atlantic, its crew may not be able to take their next flight, you have to get a standby crew in. Meanwhile the original plane will now be late loading for its next destination which leads to a whole ripple effect of further delays and missed connections.

So you inconvenience the minimum number of people. In your case that’s the plane you’re sitting on… Even though it’s a clear calm night above you!

Flaperon

Line of CBs sitting not far from Gatwick. Because much of the traffic inbound to Heathrow runs through that area (looking at the radar it seems like the BIG and LAM holds are both affected) all those aircraft will be diverting off the published arrival routes, which means airspace and controller capacity is pushed to the limit.

There’s only so much traffic that can route over London and since inbound traffic is already in the air, they’re not going to let you start up until they think they’ll fit you in.

Also, it appears that Edinburgh is about to transition to low visibility operations which may lead to further delays. Sorry.

scaredypants

There’s only so much traffic that can route over London and since inbound traffic is already in the air, they’re not going to let you start up until they think they’ll fit you in.

Yeh, pretty sure that’s what the extra runway for heathrow reports all said 😉

scotroutes

In the meantime, have some amusement

http://vitaminl.tv/video/6368?ref=fpfv

avdave2

I’m sat in Vienna waiting for a plane to get back to Gatwick. Out on BA but back on Easy Jet so hard wooden seats instead of the lounge. And being easy jet zero information.

geoffj

And we’re down 🙂

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Sat on the Tarmac at LGW trying to get to EDI – weather issues?’ is closed to new replies.