Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Sat navs – Please tell me what to buy!
  • xcgb
    Free Member

OK I have been looking at sat navs, mainly for use by the missus who hates things techy so needs to be easy to use, i want lane assist as well as i guess its handy

Peter Poddy recommended the folks at Satnav easy and they do seem cheap

so I am now looking at

Garmin Nuvi 1310
    Garmin Nuvi 1490
    Tom Tom Start 20

Any others I should consider? Ta

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

My basic TomTom has it’s idiosyncracies but always gets me there.

For example it seems to prefer the 20mile DC route into the town center office rather than the 10 mile more direct route becauuse the DC is suposed to be 1 minute quicker (invariably it isn’t).

You still need to use common sense though, don’t follow the satnav blindly, if it says take the second justion at the roundabout, double check that with the signs incase theres been another one added/removed since it was last updated or an exit simply wasn’t mapped.

Those 2 reasons would put me off anythign fancy like lane assist, thats what the big overhead gantry signs are for on the motorway.

thomthumb
    Free Member

i got a garmin nuvi (1390) and i like it.

I have always preferred garmins to tomtoms as tomtoms have always had a few Plymouth/ Portsmouth, left/right issues.

You still need to use common sense though, don’t follow the satnav blindly, if it says take the second justion at the roundabout, double check that with the signs incase theres been another one added/removed since it was last updated or an exit simply wasn’t mapped

+1

tbh garmin and tomtom are both v. good.

pick one from your liust which has the features you want and i’m sure you’ll be satisfied.

xcgb
    Free Member

Ta chaps

Mounty_73

I have only ever used tomtom satnavs, never any major issues and they have always got me where I needed to be….

monkey_boy
    Free Member

HALFORDS HAVE A HUGE SALE ON AT THE MO

(sorry for caps)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Sat navs – Please tell me what to buy!’ is closed to new replies.