• This topic has 26 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by dobo.
Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Sasha – Involv3r – Best House mix?
  • Mooly
    Free Member

So had a week of listening to Sasha’s new Involver 3 and again he has produced something truly remarkably.
    So far all those crusty ravers, what is your favourite house mix CD?
    I guess I`m talking things like Pete Tong’s Essential mix CD – Ian Ossia Renaissance CD and on.

rewski
    Free Member

Nope, mix CD’s too commercial for me 😉

The Mountain People DJ’s are where it’s at, deep minimal house.

Hohum
    Free Member

Sasha & Digweed – Northern Exposure Vol. 1

Dino
    Free Member

Its ok!

Got most of the stuff he’s done, but there is some better stuff around ATM,by some younger Dj’s / producers.

si-wilson
    Free Member

I like it. Typical Sasha, and I wouldn’t want it any other way! The electronic music scene is very vibrant at the moment and there is plenty of room for all sorts :).

si-wilson
    Free Member

Just to add, one of my favourite mixes at the moment (its been around awhile) is Guy Gerber fabric live mix. Lovely

Teetosugars
    Free Member

The Mix Collection.

Currently really enjoying Hernan Cattaneo, and all the new Masters Series..

Just got a copy of ‘Tale of Us’

And that too, is a belta..

Mooly
    Free Member

May have to try some of the masters series.

Karl33to
    Free Member

all time fave …

youngrob

These:

Crag
    Free Member

I’m listening to a lot of The Black Dog lately – quality stuff

rideronthestorm
    Free Member

Digweed’s first Bedrock mix is pretty special

si-wilson
    Free Member

Keep meaning to grab a copy of that Levon Vincent mix, supposed to be a bot good.

w1zard
    Free Member

Some great suggestions here, my kinda music. My go-to mix is still the Sasha Global Underground San Francisco, but I still hit the Northern Exposure series every so often.

More recently, the Sasha cover CD for Mixmag last year was excellent:

https://soundcloud.com/everybodywantstobethedj/sasha-never-say-never-mixmag

Also a big fan of Cattaneo, and Deep Dish have always put out consistently quality mixes.

Prog house is still what I end up going back to, despite loving lots of other types of music. You’ve just got to search a bit harder for the quality stuff these days. We were spoilt back in the 90s 🙂

ElectricRussell
    Free Member

A friend of mine has a track featured on Global Underground San Fran.

w1zard
    Free Member

Really? They’re all classics! Which one?

ElectricRussell
    Free Member

Blue stream.

youngrob

Yeah, the Levon Vincent mix is good, Fabric went on a bit of a run there: Guy Gerber; Ben Klock; Zip; Daniel Avery and Ben UFO. All pretty good. I also subscribe to the RA podcast, it’s a bit hit and miss but there have been a few crackers.

w1zard
    Free Member

Quality. Tell your mate they’re a legend in my books. That vocal sample is embedded deep in my brain – must have been the ultimate honour having Sasha feature it on a GU mix.

ElectricRussell
    Free Member

Yeh, he was well chuffed. Still have my 12″ copy here.

ComradeD
    Free Member

Back to Basics – Cut the Crap

also

Danny Tengalia – Global Underground Athens

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Dave Seamans’ GU12 is a particular favourite…

teejay
    Free Member

There are some really good tracks on the Involv3r mix but I’m really disappointed by the way several of the mixes are put together. A couple of key clashes and too high levels on tracks being brought in, along with a lack of build in the mix make it not the piece of music it could have been. Sounds anal but it’s just not what you’d come to expect, especially as it was in production for so long….

Nick

Sasha seemed to capitalise on the dreary monotonous trancy prog house dirge that seemed to go with the drugs in the late 90s and is still playing the same old boring crap. Shame really as his earlier stuff from Shellys etc in the early 90s was great and he can mix.

Mountain People above sounds good, this is a mate of mine, he still regularly DJs in Glasgow (The Drake I think)

somafunk

Used to like sasha a lot back in the early 90’s but he started to rely too much on the use of Ableton in his live sets which whilst it is a fantastic production tool i feel in a live setting it’s use is limited – we booked him a few years ago to headline an event we put on and to be honest his set was note and key change perfect but far too analytical and not fluid at all, i see from a recent RA interview he’s dropped his maven controller and is embracing Traktor which will hopefully re-establish him as a pioneer of live mixes, Ableton is great for creativity but for live use Traktor, especially if used with a suitable controller is an absolute blast to use and still gives you that feel of directing the music and the crowd.

If you want a few good live mixes then perhaps Mike Hulme @ Wickerman festival will satisfy you, mike is a very cool n’ laid back DJ, one we love for sure (we organise the dance tents at the festival)

Or you could do worse than have a listen to Elite Force (simon shackleton) recent mix, another fav of ours – we featured his label at the wickerman , check out the vid 1 here vid 2 here

Mooly
    Free Member

Scrap Sasha. As good as it is I have just heard the 1 o’clock drop from Andrew Weatherall on his Masterpiece compilation. Wow.
    Also Bought the Levon Vincent but don’t quite get it. The fuss is?

dobo
    Free Member

I’ve got the first involver and its pretty good and just bought a taster song on beatport from the latest involver.

This is a good one from a while back

http://www.discogs.com/James-Holden-Balance-005/release/186636

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Sasha – Involv3r – Best House mix?’ is closed to new replies.