Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Sash window weights – worth much at local scrappy?
  • alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Just had windows in our flat done.

Left with a pile of these things, various sizes – they weigh a good bit, so must be worth loading in the car to see what I can get……….

🙂

creamegg
    Free Member

Reclamation yard / architectural salvage may give you a better price

I’ve been getting £150 per tonne locally for cast iron recently. You’ll need a fair few of them just to make a tenner.
    Creamegg’s idea has got to be worth a phone call.

aP
    Free Member

You’d do much better trying to pass them on to people who might actually use them for the purpose they’re intended for. Out of interest what have you replaced your windows with? Please don’t say upvc casements.

wwaswas

Please don’t say upvc casements.

I suspect you’ll be disappointed 😉

trail_rat
    Free Member

radiators/galvanised water tank worth the hassle of taking down the scrappys ?

got 5 large twin non convector radiators i need to get shot of.

Second hand sash weights.
    £1 each or £10 each. 😀

footflaps

I replaced my Victorian sash with uPVC sash and have to say they’ve been superb – 15 years old now and still in perfect condition, draft free, condensation free, great noise reduction – would recommend to anyone!

Dyffers
    Free Member

I had my sash windows refurbed and double glazed, keeping the original frames, last year. Ended up with a pile of 100 year old (possibly) weights.

I’m hoping they weren’t worth more than a tenner as I left them in the back garden for a month before getting round to taking them to the tip. Never thought of the local reclaimation yard. 😳

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Sash window weights – worth much at local scrappy?’ is closed to new replies.