Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 'Sash Jammers' on pvc windows/doors – worth fitting?
  • ncfenwick
    Free Member

Hi,

The wife is convinced that we need to fit sash jammers (Like this) on all our pvc doors and windows for added security. There is obviously no harm in doing this but I wondered if they had actually prevented any of you being broken in to?

Also, do you fit with screws or jack bolts?

Cheers

trail_rat
    Free Member

what does that do ?

surely if the windows locked a little plastic turn key isnt going to make a damned bit of difference , does she forget the windows made of glass and easily broken if the thief wants in ?

wwaswas

what he sed – unless you get locking catches they’re useless aren’t they?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ncfenwick
    Free Member

We would put lockable ones next to windows and ‘normal’ ones next to doors. Useful if burglar snaps lock on pvc door?

Pook

While I agree that with a bit of force the sash jammers won’t be any better than cheese, and that they could simply be turned after the glass is broken, for the minor extra cost, the added peace of mind that my mrs feels when she knows the ‘snib’ is on is worth it – more so following the in laws having their house broken into as someone was hunting the keys for their golf gti.

ncfenwick
    Free Member

Agree, its a peace of mind thing.

Happy wife, happy life…

john_drummer
    Free Member

They come with the required fixings

sweepy
    Free Member

Pointless i reckon, but if the Mrs has decided they are needed you might as well get the screwdriver out.

Pook

oh also its handy for the back door if I just nip upstairs. Saves finding my keys too

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘'Sash Jammers' on pvc windows/doors – worth fitting?’ is closed to new replies.