Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Sarn Helen Trail
  • bstadden
    Free Member

Does anyone have any gpx files for this route. I have downloaded most from mtb trailfinder but the first section from Conday – Day 1 does not work

neilb67
    Free Member

Works for me. Well the MM file does…

Email sent.

Edric64
    Free Member

Sarn Helen that Roman road clearly marked on os maps?

nickegg
    Free Member

OS maps are all well and good but it's a royal pain in the arse to keep stopping and checking a map!

Just wish i could afford a GPS….

sofatester
    Free Member

OS maps are all well and good but it's a royal pain in the arse to keep stopping and checking a map!

Just wish i could afford a GPS….

How did we ever cope before GPS 😉

Edric64
    Free Member

Take the map as well just in case the gps fails goes flat or gets broken .Then again it could be fun if you blindly followed the gps and don't know where you are.The AA reckon car drivers often phone up saying I don't know where I am I was following the voice!!

Aidan
    Free Member

There's the Sarn Helen Sustrans route and the mountain bikey route. The second is a whole different thing.

I downloaded the route from mtb trailfinder too, but found that not all of it is available in GPX. Tried GPSBabel, but it couldn't read the memory map files.

From the bit I did see, the route on mtb trailfinder does not agree with the route cards on http://www.mbruk.co.uk/mbruk_SarnHelenTrail_details.htm

I've been working through the route cards, trying to plot them on a map for GPS navigation during the ride and they're very hard to follow. I'm getting different distances to the route cards in places (though I am sure that the one above doesn't follow the cards as it doesn't go through the correct grid references).

If you want me to send you the GPX files when I'm done, drop me an email.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Sarn Helen Trail’ is closed to new replies.