Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Saris Bones 3
  • santacoops
    Free Member

Anyone had any bad experiences? I need a new bike steed for the car asap. I can pick one up from down the road so was wondering if they’re good/bad? Thanks.

ransos
    Free Member

Mine seems very solid, but it’s much happier with two bikes than three.

Kryton57

I’ve got one and while I used it it was fantastic.

The only Issue I has was mounting a frame with Sus joining in the middle of the TT (ie a swing link bike)but you can get around that.

Issues:

a) It was inconvient for boot access on my 3 series saloon
    b) the feet marked my (silver) boot lid a bit – I put bits of chamois leather underneath then after that.

I only stopped using it cause I went to roof racks.

santacoops
    Free Member

Sounds good. They definately look like they’re sturdy. I could live with the rubbing(!). Do they literally fit any car?

deets

Works great on my girlfriends 206cc – was the only rack that fitted it. As mentioned above, full sussers can be awkward but I’ve always managed to get the bikes on in one config or another.

traildog
    Free Member

I had to return mine because it didn’t fit my car. It just wouldn’t clear the rear spoiler, so I would say that it’s not try that it fits all cars. However, I can imagine that it would fit most.
    I didn’t get as far as trying to fit my bike to it, and I’ve heard that some suspension bikes have problems.

ransos
    Free Member

Mine *just* clears the spoiler on my C-max. If you don’t have a spoiler, I can’t see a problem. You may have to get one of those fake top tubes if you have a full-susser.

grantyboy
    Free Member

I have a Bones RS for sale if your interested?

santacoops
    Free Member

I have a Bones RS for sale if your interested?

Why are you selling, how soon can you send and how much?

grantyboy
    Free Member

New car with tow bar fitted so no longer needed. £100 posted and I can send it off tomorrow to be with you Thursday.
    It’s in as new condition as well, hardly got used

grantyboy
    Free Member

You can email me
    Grant DOT Burnett AT me DOT com

santacoops
    Free Member

Hi Grant, not sure if i got your email right but just in case… i checked the Saris fit guide and the RS doesn’t come up for my car (c
    class estate) which is surprising. I’ll have to go for a Saris Bones

Cheers anyway.

grantyboy
    Free Member

Didn’t get an email.

The 3 and the RS are the same rack, just the RS uses ratchet straps for extra security plus they can’t be cut, can also be locked to the car

jordie
    Free Member
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Saris Bones 3’ is closed to new replies.