Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Saracen Zen sizing
  • mucker

Would anyone know if a 15″ zen would be a suitable size for a chap of 5’7″ with a 29″ inside leg?

kaesae
    Free Member

Hey, what’s the top tube length?

mucker

Can’t find any info on that at all. Don’t know if its relevant but its recommended for a 140mm fork.

mucker

Ah, on the new saracen website there are TT figures for the modern alu version of the zen giving 550mm for the 14″ and 570mm for the 16″, mean anything?

kaesae
    Free Member

It’s not just the seat tube that will determine if the frame will fit OK or if you will be bashing your knee’s of the forks etc.

The top tube also comes into it. at 15″ I would think it will be OK for someone your height.

What exactly do you want the frame/bike to do, I’ve owned a lot of frames/bikes, if you let me know what you’ll be doing on it, I’ll tell you what I think your options are.

As for frames you’re spoilt for choice and it’s easy to pick something up for pennies. I bought a mountain cycle rumble on ebay a while back for £80 brand new and it was a very capable frame/bike.
    😯
    http://www.mtbr.com/cat/bikes/dj-mtnx/mountain-cycle/rumble/PRD_364290_1575crx.aspx

Gotta go lot on, if you want to send me an email my address is in my profile, I’m always happy to help with bike builds. My hobby is building and servicing bikes, using other peoples hands and lives, means there’s less to tidy up afterwards 😉

Hope that made sense! 😀

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Saracen Zen sizing’ is closed to new replies.