Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Saracen Kili Flyer – sizing?
  • HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Does anyone own a Saracen Kili Flyer? Thinking of getting one, but can’t find anywhere local that has any stock to try for size.

I’m 5’11”, looking at the 17″ or 19″ for XC/trail type stuff.

My current bike is a 9 year old Chameleon, and bike geometry seems to have changed somewhat since I bought it.

Any advice welcome!

toppers3933
    Free Member

I’m 6’1″ and ride a 19″ with a 50mm stem. I’d say you’d be best with a 17″. Where are you. If you’re anywhere near Leicester you’re welcome to come and try mine. Which is for sale by the way.

drovercycles
    Free Member

We have a 17″ demo bike – if you’re anywhere nearby you’re welcome to come and sit on it / take it for a ride.

I’d have thought you could ride either, to be honest. I’m 6’2″ and the 17″ is too small for me, as you’d expect, but I’m not sure whether I’d have a 19″ or a 21″.

hatter

6′ 2 here and I ride an XL 21″ but I have big long monkey arms and wanted to run a nice stubby stem.

stevie750

I’m 5’11 and have got a 17″ , I like it. It shows quite a lot of seat post and the front end is quite twitchy and light if you’re going up a steep hill in the saddle.

DezB
    Free Member

I demo’ed a 17″ (just over 5’10” here) and it fitted fine.
    Good bike. Quite heavy in the alu version for a short travel bike, but the carbon was very nice.
    Oh those 650b wheel though! (I didn’t notice them 🙂 )

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Thanks for the input. It’s a warranty replacement (for a grapil) and i’m based in London unfortunately, but thanks for the offers of trying them out.

I’m edging towards the 19″ with a short stem at the moment.

Mister-P
    Free Member

5ft 10 on a 17 here but I’m not blessed in the arm department so I can ride a 19 but I’d be a bit more stretched out.

sillyoldman

I’d go 19 if I were you.

chipps

I’d go for a 19in. I’ve got a 17in and I’m 5ft 9in and I can fit OK on a 19in Ariel too, so I’d go up a size (unless you have stubby legs and a 150mm dropper to fit in) and adjust stem to suit sir.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Saracen Kili Flyer – sizing?’ is closed to new replies.