Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Saracen Kili Flyer sizing?
  • tacopowell
    Free Member

Does anyone ride this bike?

What size are you riding? Your height etc.

I ask as its going for £270 but with only a 15″ frame left!

I’m 5′ 6-7″ with a 30″ inside leg, I’ve got a feeling a 15″ frame would be slightly on the small size.

Leku
    Free Member

I have one. 5″6″ with 80mm stem. 30′ leg.

The reach is similar to a Cotic Soul small.

tacopowell
    Free Member

Your riding a 15″ ?

You happy with it?!

Leku
    Free Member

yes have the 15″. I tend to look at the reach of a frame. I had a Cotic Soul in small (16″) before and they feel very similar. The Soul was stolen and I didn’t have the £500 for frame to replace it.

The Kili is a great frame. The fillet brazing looks great and a lot of work has gone into the frame (all the little bracing pieces are curved rather than straight).

I think you will be on the edge size wise. I wanted something quite compact and easy to get around tight trails.

The bit I dont like is the fully integrated headset but it wasn’t enough to put me off. I’m in Bristol if you want to have a look.

[/url]
    IMG_0455 by 100%of thetime60%ofthetime, on Flickr[/img]
    [/url]
    IMG_0452 by 100%of thetime60%ofthetime, on Flickr[/img]

tacopowell
    Free Member

Many thanks, I reckon you’ve sold it to me!

I’d love to come and have a look but I’m in Nottingham!

You have a a1x9 setup? What sort of riding you get to do on her?!

Leku
    Free Member

It’s now 1 x 10 speed. On one single chainring and Hope bash guard on front and SLX shadow+ rear mech and I have never dropped a chain. XT brakes. F120 forks. Wheels Stans 355 on XT.

I have a full sus as well so this is for local wet rides (so have been riding it rather a lot this year). Mostly Leigh Woods & Ashton Court. Tight fast following single track. Did a day in the summer with Basque MTB near San Sebastian and I keep up with the Yeti 5s.

The aqua looks great.

[/url]
    BasqueMTB-2 by 100%of thetime60%ofthetime, on Flickr[/img]

Leku
    Free Member

Luke – want to buy mine? I just bought the Ti version…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Saracen Kili Flyer sizing?’ is closed to new replies.