Viewing 21 posts - 121 through 141 (of 141 total)
  • Saracen Ariel 15x linkage play AGAIN
  • TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Latest info to come my direction is that new bushings should be shipping out this week. I’ll try to remember to update when they arrive.

DeeW
    Free Member

I’ve got a 161 with linkage play. Can’t undo the t27 torx bolts that connect the top of the rear swingarm to the linkage, just below the shock shaft. Are these a reverse thread by any chance??

bullroar
    Free Member

My Ariel 14X has now gone for good. Shame really, bushing nonsense aside it was a good bike for the riding I do.

Transferred all the kit to a Banshee Spitfire frame.

psycorp
    Free Member

@DeeW

Yes the top 2 bolts in the linkage are reverse thread. Be careful when replacing them as they thread directly into the swingarm material, as you’ll see when you take it apart.

@Rob

To be honest mate I’d just wasn’t convinced that I wouldn’t continue to have problems with the frame going forward. As you say it’s a shame because they do ride very well.

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

OK, new Norglides arrived this weekend and have been fitted – this is to an Ariel 14X frame. Fitting was dead easy and could be done trailside, or out the boot of a car, which is reassuring for roadtrippers.

I requested and received further info from Saracen regarding torque values for bolts in the suspension set up. The recommended torque values are:

7-9nm for the torx bolts

8-10nm for the hex bolts (linkage axle&washer)

10-12nm for the main pivot bolt

robhughes
    Free Member

Are these the new,new newer ones TroutWrestler and did you get them direct or from the shop where you got the frame.
    Cheers bud

DeeW
    Free Member

Just spoken to Saracen, very helpful guy. They say the new norglides are due 2nd October, no current stock.

DeeW
    Free Member

Just a call back from Saracen. They’d made an error yesterday and the new norglides are in stock apparently. Part Number – RNS5169 – RRP £9.99 = apparently 1 pair for 1 single pivot, ie 2 lots needed for the 2 top pivots. He’s sent me a picture and they are black. Unavailable through the Saracen website but can be ordered via your local Saracen dealer. I’ll order mine tomorrow and let you know..

lapierre191
    Free Member

Bad news.. Me and my mate had the same issues. We’ve replaced the norglide bushes and 2 rides in we have play again. Frames have been sent back on warranty

jedi

It’s the bolt or center link that’s faulty. mine does it now. Bushing have no wear at all and I got a bag of black ones

bone_idle
    Free Member

Mines been like it 4 years got 2010 model, thought it was the shock bushes changed those, then took the linkage apart all the norglide bushes seemed fine. Put it back together and its never got any worse, I think there is play in the bolts of the shock and frame to. I have never noticed it when riding, in fact it rides great so I am going to leave them.

tomhughes46

I’m guessing that as they are split bushes it’s the actual linkage tolerances that aren’t right? Presumably replacing all of these is more expensive than issuing a few bushes though…

Potdog
    Free Member

Wonder if one of the posters on this thread was the guy deciding he’d had enough and returning his bike for a refund when I was in Crosstrax Adel back in August 😯

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

I think it may well be the bore on the centre link that is too large in diameter. I tried both bolts, both were snug in the lower bushes, but loose in the centre ones, leading me to the conclusion that the rocker is out of tolerance.

daver27
    Free Member

Wow, 6 months on and this is still an issue?

jamesoz

Madison really are shite, been six months without my Grapil for one reason or other.

tomhughes46

I guess the plan is eventually the warranty will run out; problem solved!

psycorp
    Free Member

The frames are supposed to have a lifetime warranty Tom.

Of course the customer interpretation of “lifetime” may be different to Saracen/Madison’s.

yakuza
    Free Member

Hi. My name is Adam. I finish my adventure with cycling over 8years ago and now want back to riding :). I ridden on “gt chucker”, that was dirt bike but now I’m much older :p and looking for full suspension bike.

I take a look on couples models and one of this is Saracen Ariel 151. looks nice and at this moment is reduce price on £1430.

I read some bad opinions about bushings but actually model have a “NorglideTM linkage bushings”. That resolve problem? or doesn’t help ?

Adam did you still have yours Ariel ?

Thanks for any help.

jedi

i found its the bolt in middle of linkage. the sizes vary so much in diameter so a wrap of plumbers tape sorts it. 🙂

josruu
    Free Member

Hi!
    New to the forum,from norway.
    I bought a 2015 Ariel 152 from a friend of mine a couple of months ago and i noticed yesterday That it was play in the linkage. Previous owner has never changed any of them (she weighs 50kg and im 88 so it get alot more beating from me) the play wasnt there when i bought it and a quick message to the dealer and he Will send me new bushings right away. So i kinda have this hope that since it lasted over a year before any play occured,maybe this frame dont have this problem so bad. Did any of you get the new improved bushings? And is it something i should pay any extra attention for when changing them?

Viewing 21 posts - 121 through 141 (of 141 total)

The topic ‘Saracen Ariel 15x linkage play AGAIN’ is closed to new replies.