Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Saracen and Madison comms suck
  • toys19
    Free Member

I have mailed Saracen and Madison multiple times to try and source a new mech hanger for my 2012 Zen. Not even a reply over a week later. This is pretty lame.

I think I’ve identified the right one from betd, but it’s 20 quid and I want a couple of them (one to replace the broken one and one for spares) normally mech hangers are about a tenner, so I would like to try and source the OEM one.

Can anyone help, or know anyone in Saracen/Madison to kick their arses?

wwaswas

Doubt they’ll do B2C – they expect you to go to a bike shop and work through them.

try realcycles – they seem to do a lot of saracen kit.

chakaping
    Free Member

I was thinking about buying a new Ariel 160mm frame. It was the main contender actually.

But the Saracen email form didn’t work though and Madison didn’t respond to my query (and me politely telling them about the broken Saracen email) – so I got a different bike.

Shame as I like the bikes and have a sentimental attachement to the brand.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Wot wwas said. Madison as a rule won’t deal B2C, rather direct you to a dealer.

sillyoldman

Madison Part No RNS4003 – order through your Saracen dealer.

Mister-P
    Free Member

If it is a 2012 Zen X then you will need part number RNS4033. If it is anything other than the X then RNS4003 is the one for you.

toys19
    Free Member

Chapaking – this is what peed me off, their web presence sucks because of the lack of response.

I’m not expecting B2C, just info on what the hanger is and where to get.

Silly old man and Mr P thanks for part no info. Will find a local Saracen dealer and sort.

toys19
    Free Member

Update. Just had an email from Madison. Google alerts rock.

chakaping
    Free Member

Wot wwas said. Madison as a rule won’t deal B2C, rather direct you to a dealer.

I’d heard this about Madison, but my “dealer” was Wheelies for insurance replacement purposes and they are notoriously difficult to get hold of on the phone – and a bit rubbish at remembering to do things.

I can understand why a company might have a “don’t talk to the public” policy, it must make their lives a lot easier. It’s not how I’d do things if I was trying to build confidence and interest in a brand which currently appears to sell most of its stock heavily discounted though.

:S

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Their communication is very poor.
    I tried contacting them to try & open an account, using the form they provide, but gave up after three attempts & no response.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Generally you need a bike shop to get through to the dealers/importers.

As madison import Shimano (AFAIK) then any bike shop should be able to do it.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Saracen and Madison comms suck’ is closed to new replies.