Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Santander Phoned Me To Tell Me There Was Suspicious Activity On My Account…
  • Cougar

The best thing about Rapport is that they link you to a Rapport server to do the download; so it’s not some tested, known quantity they’re asking you to download, but a piece of software under someone else’s control.

My issue with it, as a geek, is that (last time I looked anyway) it was impossible to find out what it actually did. Sure, the website is full of marketingese saying that it’s ‘safer’ and ‘secure’ and all that jazz, but if they think I’m installing some random software inside my LAN without telling me why, they’re having a giraffe.

-m-
    Free Member

it was impossible to find out what it actually did.

Agreed; I got my bank to confirm that I wouldn’t assume any greater liability for not installing it, then didn’t 😉

Cougar

They’ve improved, actually. Go to http://www.trusteer.com/product/trusteer-rapport and click the ‘technology’ tab.

Seems that it tries to block keyloggers by encrypting keystrokes, and locks out your browser (disables BHOs perhaps?) when on a ‘protected’ site.

Woot.

-m-
    Free Member

…but that just serves to reinforce that Rapport has a trusted position in the transaction and is ideally positioned to perpetrate exactly the types of attack it is claimed that it protects against – and yet my bank directs me to download.trusteer.com for the software. They’re not keen on telling me how they make sure that the version I (would) download doesn’t do anything malicious (I did ask).

Helios
    Free Member

Ahhh Santander – useless bunch of &%*$ers that they are…

They owe me £100 – I ring them every wednesday to remind them that they owe me £100 – and every wednesday they appologise, then confirm that it is now all sorted out, and that the money they owe me will be in my account in 3-5 working days.

This has been going on for almost 2 months – if it goes on much more I’m going to have to put it in my calendar to block out the 30+ minutes it takes to deal with them everytime.

It is sad really – I know almost look forward to it every tuesday evening…

I’ll miss them when I get my money back and can finally close my account…

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Will tear strips off the poor guy in the branch tomorrow.

MrOvershoot

racing_ralph – Member

to those who are a touch slow – sbz is taking the piss

TBH I can’t believe anyone bothered to reply from post 1

Though its probably double bluff from some of the regulars 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Santander Phoned Me To Tell Me There Was Suspicious Activity On My Account…’ is closed to new replies.