Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Santander Online Banking – is it ever working?
  • IHN

Whenever I try and log on to the Santander online banking site, it’s never working. I put my customer number in, hit log on and…. nothing.

Mobile app works fine, but I want to do stuff you can’t do on the app. Grr… Is it just me?

wwpaddler
    Free Member

It’s just you. Never had any trouble with Santander’s Internet banking.

cheddarchallenged
    Free Member

Always seems to work when I use it – but my mum had endless problems with it until I deleted “trusteer” from her computer.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ebennett

Works for me, never had a problem with it using Chrome. Don’t have Trusteer.

IHN

Well that’s just weird. I have the same problem at home or at work, have done for weeks (it has worked on occasion, admittedly), on IE and Chrome.

I always, eventually, get a message saying that https://myonlineaccounts2.abbeynational.co.uk isn’t available

somouk
    Free Member

Never had an issue with it.

wwpaddler
    Free Member

Are you accessing it from the Santander site or are you using some ancient abbey national bookmark?

IHN

Riiiiight, sussed it. Turns out I was putting my customer number in wrong. So, yeah, my fault, but instead of giving me a message saying “we don’t recognise that number”, it just hangs for ages them times out. Genius.

andytherocketeer

Seems to work for me, making sure to use the “new” santander URL rather than the old Alliance+Leicester one before AbbeyNational bought them.

Definitely bug though, like 1. deciding to delete my one-time pass phone number, 2. making the box to enter new OTP phone number 1 digit shorter than a standard number, 3. accepting a proper size phone number in the personal contacts details page, and allowing that to be propagated to be OTP, but then failing with a fatal error when you hit submit.

The phone banking support was very helpful though, let me do everything you can do online over the phone, with someone not in Banglaore.

andytherocketeer

edit: oh and regarding the personal login number… that’s written on your statements, so security is merely a 5 digit PIN, and you making sure nobody else can ever see that statement.
    I hope they have some decent brute force protection.

Northwind

Always found it rubbish tbh. It felt like it was trying to imply security by being bloody awkward- which is pretty standard to be fair, I saw some internal reseach when I was in HBOS that said customers don’t trust an easy to use website, they think “well if it’s an embuggerment for me it’ll be harder to hack”… but it was actually thinner on genuine security measures than the other bank sites I use. Not a browser or PC thing this, pretty standard experience across every machine I used it on, really glad to be rid of it.

Oh but god forbid you lock yourself out, you can be weeks waiting for the 2 parts of your new pin to align.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Santander Online Banking – is it ever working?’ is closed to new replies.