Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Santander buissines banking ( me being fussy content)
  • ricky1
    Free Member

Switched from loyds mainly because loyds are a bit sort of wash their hands with you when the going gets tough,so I opened an account with santander,they gave me a pile of envelopes to pay my cash and cheques in,not tried this system yet but I did go into the branch last week to try and pay a cheque in and was met with pitch forks and evils by the very smartly dressed lady behind the counter,she let me pay it in but informed me/told me that I’m really meant to use the envelopes provided,makes me feel like a bit of a lepper TBH,I knew I had to use the envelopes but I thought I could still go into branch if it was open as I really do like handing lots of money to a person rather than a box.
    So…..am I being fussy?

martinhutch

No. Either they offer a counter service or they don’t. Lots of people don’t like/trust the machines, however irrational that is.

Northwind

Things have changed a bit since I was doing business banking, but we used to offer different charges, the cheap version didn’t have any branch support- counter service was basically an extra. In practice, I always blurred the lines a lot more than that, as long as a customer wasn’t taking the piss we’d help them but yeah, they might get a similiar line to you “We’ll do it on this occasion, but do be aware, you’re not supposed to do this” sort of thing.

(same applies for personal accounts too, people would take out the internet only account to get the high interest, then expect to use the branches anyway)

Santander seem to be the shittest bank in the world though, just closed down my savings with them

ricky1
    Free Member

Might just go in constantly and see how much I can get away with it,not very buissines friendly I must say.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Santander for business are useless unless it is all electronic transactions even then much better out there. Lots of branches aren’t actual banks so you can’t deposit cash and cheques with them and they expect you to go to next branch to do so even though it can be miles away.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Yeah I’ve been business banking with them for a few years, opened mainly on hem having decent interest rate on an account I use for accumulating my tax money and I concur their online banking is a bit basic, a bit pants, it mostly works and is ok, but very average. As for paying money in, I never have to but honestly I would keep doing it and if there is resistance again, make a complaint to the branch manager. His staff may be asked to point out that its simpler to deposit in a box but not in such a way as to put you off using counter service.

ricky1
    Free Member

Yes north wind your right,basically I’m no Alan sugar so I opted for the cheaper version,I’ll use the envelopes like a good little boy,maybe I’m just used to human contact.
    Why did you close your savings with them northwind?

scotroutes

Just to make it clear… you’re complaining that you’re not getting the service you haven’t paid for and that the nice lady in the branch let it go on this occasion?

ricky1
    Free Member

Yes scoutress that’s about the size of it 🙂

scotroutes

Meh. As rants go this one sucks!

Northwind

ricky1 – Member

Why did you close your savings with them northwind?

They’re shite

jambalaya
    Free Member

Yes. Counter service is for retail clients. Banks have had quite bad experiences with businesses paying in large numbers of cheques, cash etc at branches. It takes time and it upsets the retail customers. Hence business customers need to post cheques off to a dedicated business processing center.

clanton
    Free Member

We use Metrobank and they have no issue with accepting cheques for our business over the counter.

We have Santander for the mortgage and have had all sorts of needless niggles. Definitely the worst bank we have dealt with.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Santander buissines banking ( me being fussy content)’ is closed to new replies.