Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • santander basic account question.
  • racefaceec90

even though i don’t have a direct debit card i got a contract with sky broadband over crimbo via phones 4 u.

couple of days ago i tried to get a contract on a mobile phone.i couldn’t because i didn’t have a direct debit card (no current passport/drivers license).even though vodaphone said i could be eligible,because i didn’t have a direct debit card,i couldn’t start a contract with them (my basic account cash point card wouldn’t generate questions or something ❓

my question is,why was i able to get a sky broadband contract (exactly the same issues with no current license/passport)but cannot get a phone contract (both from the same phones 4 u store).i just don’t understand it tbh.tried to get a dd card today,but am not eligible as i’m currently unemployed.

somouk
    Free Member

It all depends on the payment methods, some companies like to have a card against your account in case your direct debit fails.

sbob
    Free Member

Learning to write correctly will enhance your chances of employment. 😀

racefaceec90

wut ya mean sbob i rite grate 😉

stumpyjon

What’s a direct debit card, you have debit cards and direct debits, two very different things. I assume you mean the former, i.e. a bit of plastic. It’s up to who ever you are taking out the contract with. If you pay by debit card it helps establish the bank account details you may be using to set up direct debits are indeed yours.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘santander basic account question.’ is closed to new replies.