Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • SantaCruz Tallboy 'original' – Anyone got one?
  • groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Hi folks,

Been looking at one of the SantaCruz Tallboy frames. It’s one of the ‘originals’ from when they first came out (Alu frame, QR Rear end, 100/120mm travel).

Just wondered if anyone is riding one and how it performs as the LTC version seems more popular and on trend.

Thinking it would be a good mile muncher for big hills etc but should still handle a bit of rough stuff?

My one worry is that the back end will be flexy as its Alu, Qr and with kit I’ll be about 110KG!

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Anyone at all?

boxelder

I’ve a carbon one. Tis a bit flexy (XXL size), but lovely to ride and feels more than 100mm. As an all day pretty quick bike it’s ace. Mostly ride HT mind (Solaris).

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Thanks boxelder – having done a bit more research I think the sizing will also be an issue for me so might look at other options.

caspian
    Free Member

I’ve got a large one. Arf.

Awesome all-round bike though not seeing enough use. If you’re anywhere near Winchester / Southampton / Petersfield and fancy a spin on it then let me know. Currently away for work but back from 7th Aug.

I’ll probably be giving it to my wife. And letting her have this bike. Again, arf.

Forgive me I am very, very bored.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘SantaCruz Tallboy 'original' – Anyone got one?’ is closed to new replies.