Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • santacruz bullit
  • bladz80
    Free Member

Hi anybody kno if a santacruz bullit be ok for a bit of xc trail .I know this bike is a free ride bike i basicly would love to hear of any reviews on this bike

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Fine but far from ideal

julianwilson
    Free Member

i sometimes pedal mine through some of my local xc trails to get to the steeper/jumpier stuff: it pedals pretty well for an old 7″ travel frame, but makes trails that are fun and interesting on a short travel hardtail into very easy and less interesting ways through the woods. Sure is a workout up hill too but perhaps that is the tyres/pressures more than the weight and suspension squish.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bladz80
    Free Member

Ok cool i may look for a difrent bike maybe AM rather than,freeride
    Thanks for the info guys

theblackmount
    Free Member

Depends on how its built up (specifically forks and wheels)but yes I did some ridiculously long mileages on mine and it was my only bike for 6 years.

iolo
    Free Member

I had an 04 with 66RC forks for about 7 years. The 5th element shock was just amazing.
    It did me fine for all xc stuff and was also perfect for the occasional DH track.

scaredypants

I did the south downs way on one – supertacky high rollers

I suggest you don’t do that but it was OK for xc I’d say (if you build it lightish – the frame’s not that heavy)

_tom_
    Free Member

It’ll work but not recommended. Heavy and slack seat angle makes for questionable pedalability. That said I still managed to climb Snowdon on mine when it had Boxxers on it, so it can’t be too bad.

Great bikes though, I really miss mine and wish I didn’t sell it. Whilst the Scott Voltage I’ve replaced it with has “better” modern geometry it’s just not the same!

coogan
    Free Member

They can, bit of extra hard work involved, but used my old one on a couple of pedally XC routes in Whistler.

_tom_
    Free Member

but used my old one on a couple of pedally XC routes in Whistler.

Same here, was still great fun. Why did I sell it again? 🙁

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘santacruz bullit’ is closed to new replies.

Members Notice New deal added to Members Discounts