Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • SantaCross – help needed….
  • matt_outandabout

I have volunteered to organise our junior bike club fun race the week before Christmas. The ages are from 8 to 16, from new racers to national youth champ(!).

It will happen on (likely) a small, grassy park with a few trees and slopes, possibly flat tarmac at the Park n Ride if it is more like the Somme. We have cones, some wooden bits and bobs…We also have 40-60 kids taking part.

I have a few ideas, but can anyone else suggest some daft Christmas themed or just downright fun things to include on a SantaCross race?

Also, any ideas for tracking multiple laps in teams of 10 or so. I have an idea for something as simple as pegs – you take a peg at the end of each lap and clip on bike cable, and the first bucket of 20 pegs empty = winning team…

Cheers all

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Scrabble dash ideas or something similar – you get a tile per lap and then need to make the highest scoring word at the end

matt_outandabout

Oh, I like that idea.

Scores = haribo rewards..? 😛

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    matt_outandabout

bump for lunchtime crowd…

woody2000

When I did one of the CityCross events they had a beer shot shortcut, what about a mince pie shortcut (or similar)? Slight shorter route but you have to stop and eat a mince pie before setting off again. Or a shot of milk, you get the idea!

joshvegas
    Free Member

You could do the beer thing with beer, that’d be a laugh.

MrAgreeable

From experience of organising kids’ races, stickers go down amazingly well.

jairaj

Fun House go kart track but with bikes?

matt_outandabout

Funhouse? Do I get to grow a mullet?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘SantaCross – help needed….’ is closed to new replies.