Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Santa or Yeti ?
  • beano68
    Free Member

Which one is the better bike ? Santa Cruz Bronson C R AM or Yeti SB75

Thanks

kimbers

Kona process

lowey

Ride them and find out.

beano68
    Free Member

Lowey

I would like to but its hard when Im overseas for awhile …. hence why I’m asking for peoples views !

weeksy

Santa Cruz, has better decals.

bigjim

not sure about those exact two bikes but in general santa cruz are very short top tube and yeti are long, being tall with a long back and arms santa cruz’s are too short for me but yeti fit really well. If you are buying it to ride rather than pose I’d definitely be test riding if I were you

wrecker
    Free Member

Mate it’s like asking what pair of jeans fit the best. Save your money and buy when you get back to the UK/somewhere you can get a demo.

rhayter

That’s a bit of an ‘apples against oranges’ question, beano. The Bronson C is lighter than the SB75 by some margin (it’s carbon, the Yeti is aluminium – and cheaper), but that doesn’t make it a better bike per se. They have quite different suspension systems. I’m afraid “better” will be wholly subjective. Here’s a thought though, perhaps a comparison between the Bronson C and a new Yeti SB5c is more ‘apples v apples’…

wrecker
    Free Member

Hmmm, the Bronson is a different bike to the SB5C which is more like the 5010. The Bronson equivalent would be the SB6C.

AlexSimon

SB75 seems like a rush-job to me (a bit like the Mojo HDR). If you want a Yeti, I’d wait for the SB6C.
    I know a couple of people on Bronsons (c and not c) who are very happy.

gogg
    Free Member

I lust after a yeti, so I would be biased…

tomhoward

I’d get a bronson, or wait for that spangly new 27.5 yeti with the cool shock set up

thewanderer
    Free Member

No such thing as a yeti or Santa

pinetree
    Free Member

You monster…

beano68
    Free Member

Thanks guys for your input … I’m in one of those positions where I do a lot of XC riding but want something which is fast and could take abuse when needed … I’ve even thought about the SB95 C … loads different but going up to a 29er would make a huge difference and narrow my options but it’ll be more on an aggressive ride.

But having rockshox Pikes RCT 3 on would make it more plausible and a better ride ?

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Demo both, I chose SC Bronson C epic bike, fast and built to take the hits. Proven and reliable.

bails

The Bronson is quite a lot of bike.

I love my ASR5 but if I was buying a new bike (with a big budget) I’d be getting a Solo/5010.

You need to test ride your options though.

pinetree
    Free Member

To be fair to the SB95- It’s pretty much bombpoof, and doesn’t feel like a bike gangly 29er when you ride it. Chuck a short stem and a wide bar on it, and there’s really very little you can’t do on it.

As has been said previously, it sounds as though you’re trying to choose between 2 or 3 very different bikes, so maybe it would be good to re-evaluate your priorities in terms of what you want the bike to do, and how much you’ve got to spend.

You’ve said you primarily ride XC, so something like the Bronson or new SB6C would probably be too much travel for what you’re after (IMO, of course)
    I managed to get a wee spin on the new Yeti SB5C down at 24/12 the other weekend, and that seems to me to be a pretty much perfect do it all bike. It’s 127mm travel, so short enough for XC, but there’s nothing to stop you razzing around and having a blast on more aggressive stuff (or even winning the odd Enduro race, a-la-Richie Rude!)

beano68
    Free Member

Cheers Pinetree

I have been looking into the SB95 for awhile now but thought the size would have put me off more than anything but just seen a good deal on a new carbon SB95 with upgrades.

I recently did a mtb event which was 50k and the 120mm rockshox I had was trashed beyond repair but it was a cheeky route so hence the reason why I did look into the bronson and 575 as there were plenty of those bikes there but I do like hitting the fast trails also …

I’m sure with 140mm shocks would make a huge difference on the SB95 as normally they are fitted with 120mm …

arrpee
    Free Member

Bikemag reviewed both (and a few similar bikes) for their Bible of Bike Tests feature, which is available on their Youtube channel. They didn’t like the SB75 much; said it didn’t compare favourably with the SB66 (heavier and steeper angles). The Bronson got a much better review, but not gushing.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Try before you buy 🙂 It’s money well spent. I tried Zesty too as part of my test. Reviews are just one persons opinion. Lots on here have opinions but not in fact owned or ridden the bikes. I demoed the SC for a whole weekend to make sure it was the bike for me.

tmb467
    Free Member

There were a LOT of Santa Cruz, Yeti and Orange at Ard Rock

Common as muck they were

A Nicolai tandem is what you need

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Santa or Yeti ?’ is closed to new replies.