Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Santa Cruz Tallboy, what say you?
  • pete68
    Free Member

What size did you ride tomatO, sounds possibly too small? Most people find 29er fronts higher than they’re used to rather than low, hence why a lot of riders are using flat bars or even negative rise stems. Also Santa Cruz are a bit short compared to most other manufacturers. My TB is a large whereas my Cotic is only a medium but the top tube is almost the same. Plenty of other good bikes that may fit you better though.

wrecker
    Free Member

dirtyrider- wow!
    I’m not a fan of the aesthetics of 29ers but that is a very very nice looking bike.
    Every time I see ENVE rims I start doing mental arithmetic. No matter how i try, i Still can’t justify £1500 for a pair of rims, nor do them justice.

Paceman
    Free Member

I also had to size up when switching to a Santa Cruz frame. Went from a medium Yeti to a large SC; both with a very similar top tube length. Seems to be the case for many riders judging by previous comments on the forum.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Pedal and spoke have a large alu demo and will have a medium carbon back in shortly for those in the south for a demo.

honourablegeorge

Paceman – Member
    Some fair points Tomat0. I demo’ed a medium and a large and went with the large for similar reasons, also with an inline post as you suggest. Running 120mm up front and a 70mm stem works perfectly for me. Never found the front too low though but I guess we’re all different shapes.

SC’s short top tubes really put me off their bikes.

Paceman
    Free Member

SC’s short top tubes really put me off their bikes.

I’ve tried a few Santa Cruz frames; it’s not a problem if you accept that not all manufacturers size up frames the same way. Different geometry works for different people I guess, and makes the need for a demo ride before purchasing all the more important. 😀

wrecker
    Free Member

I’m 6ft on a large LTc. Fits like a glove.

tomat0
    Free Member

Bike was a large, i’m 6ft bang on so i don’t reckon it was a mile out but an XL would have been more my thing. Only trouble with that is an extra inch in the seat tube over my current bike which would give me reverb seatpost issues.

pete68
    Free Member

At 6ft a large would be right anyway. Obviously just don’t suit you.

nomad1975
    Free Member

Theres a new Tallboy for sale on Pinkbike if anyones interested…

http://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/1253006/

built but never ridden, decided I need an XL, not the large! Oh well

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Santa Cruz Tallboy, what say you?’ is closed to new replies.