Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • santa cruz superlight
  • richieokeefe1
    Free Member

any one own one, what are they like to ride ? I see they can handle a 120mm for on the website 🙂

phinbob

I’ve got one. Good if you like single pivot suspension. Probably bad if you don’t. One for the rider who just wants to ride. Good all day solid dependable bike.

I’ve got 100mm Rebas on mine, which is fine for round here, but I’ll probably stick some u-turn Rev’s on once I get round to getting a bigger fork for my other bike. I think with 120mm forls and a dropper post you have an excellent big day/lots of days/all round bike.

stooo
    Free Member

Yep, I got one… looks like this:

Santa Cruz Superlight by StoooPotter, on Flickr

Love it.
    Running 120mm bolt through rebas, 725 bars and 70mm stem (slight change from the pic), tripple rings, light rims and tubeless tyres… and an uppy downy joplin post.

Brilliant bike – fast climber… sprints out the saddle well due to stiffening up of the rear as you put the power down. This is a single pivot trait which I happen to like a lot, but some don’t. Very capable descender if you keep it stiff and strong where it needs to be, hence the bolt through forks.

I live in Innerleithen and there’s very little here I won’t ride on this bike. Cracking ride for all day epics and marathon rides too – which is mainly what I use it for.

I started a similar thread just before I bought it to see what folk though – you’ll find that here

I got my frame second hand, but over all it’s brilliant value and I’d happily buy a brand new one now if I was in the market. Def worth having the RP23 shock IMHO.

bazza17
    Free Member

Guy in our club is selling his in excellent condition. Frame only for £450

Size medium

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘santa cruz superlight’ is closed to new replies.