Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Santa Cruz Nomad sizing help?
  • crocodile
    Free Member

I’m hoping to purchase a second hand 2015 Nomad, my question is which size what suit me best, I’m 5″11, I’ve read that all santa cruz bikes come up a little on the small side, so should I edge towards a medium or large?

Could any nomad owners please states their height and whether they went for a medium or large?

Thanks all

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

Large for sure. I am 5.10 and was in that horrible middle ground so took a large but have tiny stem and saddle as far forward as possible. Wouldnt want a medium though as it felt small. Great bike!

deadkenny
    Free Member

crocodile – Member
    I’ve read that all santa cruz bikes come up a little on the small side

They used to. Not sure that’s still the case. 650b Nomads seem a fair bit longer to me than the old 26er Mk2 which I’ve got.

Or maybe it’s just the general trend with 650b, long and slack. So compared to other 650b brands they may still be on the short side, but probably longer than old school bikes. I’m guessing.

p.s. 5’7″ – medium. But as I say, that’s the old Mk2.

andysredmini
    Free Member

I’m 5’11 and have a large and it fits perfect. I had to order the frame without a test ride and was bricking it for weeks until I tried it for the first time.
    My decision was based on trying a medium 26″ nomad and finding it far too small, a large bronson (known for being too short) and finding it too small and I have a large chameleon which is perfect and close in size to the nomad.

Where are you based? if you are anywhere near the west midlands you are welcome to try mine.

alextemper
    Free Member

I’m selling my Nomad Medium frame and as much as I would like to tell you to get a Medium you should really size up for a Large.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Absolutely a large.

My wife has my old Nomad which was a large (too small for me at 6ft) and she is 5’9″.

sime46
    Free Member

I’m 5’9 and a bit. I’m on a 2016 Nomad in medium flavour. I don’t like a bike to feel big and I find mine just about perfect.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I’m 5ft6 and went small. Medium s touch too long and the seat tube didn’t allow my reverb adjustment.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I’m 5ft6 and went small. Medium s touch too long and the seat tube didn’t allow my reverb adjustment.

Where is your medium for sale?

rickon
    Free Member

They used to. Not sure that’s still the case

They’re better, but still behind the curve for sizing.

At 5’11 you definitely want a large.

The Nomad is still rocking a short reach and a very short ETT on the medium (585mm and 415mm). You could probably ride an XL and feel like it’s spot on, apart from the seat tube.

Wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t do what they did with the Bronson V2 and add 20mm to the top tube and reach soon.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Rode this years at 5’9. As always more to it than height…
    I was spot on Medium but could have easily ridden the large as it had a generous stand over, I’d probably go for the longer one, mate who is a bit taller went large on the Bronson. Also had a seat on an XL Hightower and that was comfortable enough too. So depends how you like your reach

manitou
    Free Member

Im 5 11 and Ive a large 5010. Perfect size.

crocodile
    Free Member

Thanks for your advice guys, it’s really helpful and nice to get an idea of what everyone else is running, that reinforces my initial thoughts that I should really be edging towards a large.

andysredmini – I appreciate the offer, very kind, unfortunately I’m down in Surrey. I think I should be pretty safe going for a large frame.

dans160
    Free Member

Just over 6ft in my socks here and ride a large with a 55mm stem. I don’t like really long bikes and like to be a little more forwards. But it’s horses for courses I guess. Gun to my head I’d say large as most others have already said.

zelak999
    Free Member

I’m 5ft 11 and I bought a large 5010 V2 with a 35mm stem.
    Perfect size.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Santa Cruz Nomad sizing help?’ is closed to new replies.