Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Santa Cruz Nomad rear mech
  • jtodd109
    Free Member

I’ve just built up a Nomad a few weeks ago and i’m having problems with chain bounce. I’ve just fitted a chain tensioner but this hasn’t really helped. My LBS fitted a XO type 2 rear mech, it is a long cage and i’m running 2×10 upfront. Do you think running a medium cage would be better. Any ideas on how to stop the change bouncing around would be appreciated. Thx

andyl
    Free Member

is the clutch bit engaged and adjusted right? Chain the right size?

robj20
    Free Member

I’m running a medium SLX Shadow+ with 2×9 setup and no noise what so ever on mine.

Warrenpfo
    Free Member

Im running the same 2×10 up front on my Santa Cruz Nomad C with a MRP2X and have no issues at all.

tmb467
    Free Member

SRAM mechs don’t really have an on/off switch. There’s a button to press to allow you to move the cage forwards but the clutch should always be on

If you try and move the cage yourself, does it move forwards?

Is it ‘definitely’ a type 2 mech?

If the answer to both these questions is yes then maybe take it back and ask your LBS why the cage is moving on a type 2 mech, cos that’s not a cheap piece of kit

patriotpro
    Free Member

I thought long-cage mechs were only for 3x set-ups…

jtodd109
    Free Member

Warrenpfo what length cage are you running ?

Warrenpfo
    Free Member

Its a Medium X0 type 1

jtodd109
    Free Member

Its defo a type 2 and chain size etc are all the correct size. The setup all seems right but the chain keeps bouncing. I did think long mechs were for 3×10 setups. Its back at LBS tomorrow so i think i’ll tell them to but a medium cage on, as i think you can buy that seperate

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Santa Cruz Nomad rear mech’ is closed to new replies.