Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Santa Cruz Nickel question
  • Weasel
    Free Member

What is the preferred fork size for this bike based on rider experience and not brochure waffle?

I have 150mm Revelations on my Heckler and was wondering about fitting the spacer to take em down to 140mm, or getting rid of my Heckler and Blur Classic and getting a Nickel

I’m just considering going to one do it all bike rather than my XC bike which gets more use than the AM bike for odd days in the hills, just trying to find a happy medium.

Thanks.

anotherbike
    Free Member

You may struggle to find a Nickel now that they’ve been discontinued.

wrecker
    Free Member

Blur LT is the one you want. IMHO. Perfect w/150s.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Teapot
    Free Member

My Nickel came with 130mm Fox 32s which I’m about to take the travel spacer out of to make them 140mm.

nodrog2
    Free Member

Got u turn Pikes on mine. Sweet spot is 130mm but they are also fine at 140mm.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Frankly my Nomad with 170 forks is my do-it-all bike 😀

Well I do use the C456 hard tail as well but just really as a spare bike and to mix it up a bit, but the Nomad is happy XCing as much as any of the tougher stuff and climbs well enough for me (I’m not in it for climbs though, just a means to an end). Then again the C456 pretty much does everything also. Just DH would be pushing it.

Weasel
    Free Member

I have a medium sized Blur Classic and my large framed Heckler just feels too big, like sitting on top of a horse.

I think I will just keep my eye out for a SC medium frame and swap all the Hecklers parts over, sell the frame and retain the Blur.

Thanks for your suggestions.

chickenman

I was always rather surprised how lardy the Nickel and Butcher were (something like 6 1/2 lbs for the frame and shock. Got a Blur Classic myself and it’s at least a pound lighter. It’s a Large and I need a 90mm stem on mine (I’m 6’2), so they tend to be pretty short for the size,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Santa Cruz Nickel question’ is closed to new replies.