• This topic has 8 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by LoCo.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Santa Cruz Highball (Ali)
  • LoCo
    Free Member

Has anyone got one of these? How do you find it & how stiff/harsh do you find it? Cheers 😀

jimthesaint

I’ve got a Mk1 version with the 30.9 seattube.

The hardtail I had before was a steel 456 with 26″ wheels and the Highball with 29″ wheels is no harsher in the backend but is much more efficient through the BB in putting the power down.

I cant compare it to a steel 29’er though as I haven’t ridden one.

LoCo
    Free Member

Great cheers.

BillOddie

My brother has one, rates it highely.

Good all round bike, he’s done Duathlons and BPW on it so it’s plenty versatile.

st

I’m 3 rides in to a new to me 2013 model (larger diameter seat tube). So far so good.

Best I can say at the moment is that’s it’s fairly direct although I wouldn’t say particularly harsh.

Yesterday’s ride in the Peaks was good fun although the weather slowed it down a bit. It handled the rougher descents better than I’d expected.

fanatic278
    Free Member

I’ve got one. I find it a bit cumbersome. There’s talk about it being versatile enough to use as a trail bike – but I disagree. I would only use it for all-day XC duties.

If I’m honest – it has put me off 29″ wheels.

bombjack
    Free Member

Love mine, more direct and faster than my previous Zaskar 9er. Would have a carbon one in a heartbeat.

st

Picking up on fanatic’s point mine has a Reverb, 50mm stem, 780mm bars and 130mm Pikes and it’s gone well on my first few woodsy trail rides. Certainly feels like I’ve got it at the limit of it’s set up with the front end feeling a touch high but I could still look at an integrated lower headset cup and flat bars.

LoCo
    Free Member

Great thanks for info, it’s going to be used for Just Riding Around (enduro? 😉 ) and a bit of racing 12hr and shorter, 100/110mm forks, XT drive chain etc so not weightweeny spec. as such.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Santa Cruz Highball (Ali)’ is closed to new replies.