Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Santa Cruz Heckler Frame
  • astura
    Free Member

Need to try and find out what year my frame is, bought the bike off ebay which was a custom build. When i bought it the guy said it was a 2006 frame, but looking through the years there hasnt been much change with the shape so it could be earlier.

Anybody know how i could tell?

Bregante

Post a pic. Someone on here will know.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Send Santa Cruz the frame number. Should be able to tell model year from that.

astura
    Free Member

*picture unavailable*

iamroughrider
    Free Member

looks like a 2006.( well maybe a 2004ish to 2006 iirc ) I think late 2006 or 2007 was the same except for had a slightly different head tube gusset.

V8_shin_print
    Free Member

the first two digits of the frame number will be the year (under the bottom bracket), eg. “03xxxxx” is 2003

warpcow
    Free Member

Looks like my old 2006.

astura
    Free Member

First four digits are A307

astura
    Free Member

Just rang Santa Cruz and asked, they said they can’t tell by model number they can only clarify it spread over a few years. However, because I have the fifth element shock all he could advise that it was one of the earlier ones.

warpcow
    Free Member

Afaik there were no changes between about 2003 and late 2006 so do you really need to know the exact year (fair enough if you just want to know)?

astura
    Free Member

I just wanted to know rather than need to know

daveh
    Free Member

I had a 2006 with a DHX5.0 shock, the other option was a Float/RP3 type thing. Fifth Element would put it earlier than 2006.

joolsburger
    Free Member

The later ones had a different gusset at the headtube. Early ones to 2006 had a plate gusset either side, the later ones had a much smaller one deeper in the frame. However that on reflection isn’t that helpful!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Santa Cruz Heckler Frame’ is closed to new replies.