Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Santa Cruz Grease Gun alternative…
  • Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Yup give the axle and bearings a bit of TLC clean and grease.

jsync

I have that gun and use stalube marine grease cartridges

gaberin
    Free Member

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Just tried again with sc grease gun and failed again!!

Cleaned and prepped all the pivots and link itself, free of debris and crap

Tried to regrease with the link out and the pivots pushed through and grease still splurged around the nipple and nowhere else

Then put back in and tried again and exactly the same again!

So im gonna order a hilka now and get some cartridges can only assume its the crap sc gun

Also though is there a manual way of regreasing the bearings? If i jusr take the link out, take the caps off each bearing and the seal and just put grease in by hand is this essentially thw same thing the gun does? Or does the gun get deeper inside in each bearing or similar? Its an easy job for me take the pivots out and do it that way if it does the same thing!

Any thoughts?

frogstomp

Has anyone tried the Hilka with bulk grease – i.e. no cartridge, direct filling the cavity (ooer)?

I tried and it pushes past the plunger and oozes out of the plunger end. Am I doing something wrong, or have I misinterpreted the ‘bulk loading’ bit?

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

I tried and it pushes past the plunger and oozes out of the plunger end

don’t force the plunger just let the spring reassert itself, sounds like you might have broken the rubber seal?

its a lot easier with the cartridges 😀

If you have problems getting the greese into the bearings let the air out the can that helps a lot

trail_rat
    Free Member

I reload the old cartridge.

thered

Bookmarked

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Santa Cruz Grease Gun alternative…’ is closed to new replies.