Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Santa Cruz Chameleon – Opinions and show me yours
  • TheSwede
    Free Member

I'm 6.1ft and mine's a large. Spot on I recons.

RealMan
    Free Member

Anyone know what size seatpost / front mech band size they are ?

Try their website.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    oxnop
    Free Member

I have just sold a 2009 chameleon – im 5 11 and it felt too big to be fun (large) and it was very harsh with a thomson post IMO!. only had it for 3mts – hated riding it.

lethal_frizzle
    Free Member

i run mine singlespeed and have done several long distance rides of around 60 miles or 7 hours and dont really get much in the way of back issues, they are stiff and thats what makes them great to ride in my opinion.

TheSwede
    Free Member

Only real men ride Chameleons and that is a fact of life.

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

shinsplints – do you specifically want the latest model?

I have an XL of the previous model (ive lost track of which mk is which) in met blue and I am considering selling the frame…

nickc

2.35 High rollers are fine, but I wouldn't run them in the winter, the chainstays are key holed, so the tyre will fit, but in the slop there's not massive space.

I've run a conventional post in it (there's one now actually, as the carbon one is doing time on the road bike) and TBH it's still OK. 70mm stem will be fine.

hora
    Free Member

I'm 6ft1.5. I had both a large and (cough) mediums.

The large felt abit lifeless. The medium was an absolute scream- made you feel like you were a better rider. I have a Blur4x now- same toptube length and seat tube as the medium Chameleon 😀

Ps. I was the 3rd owner of Daffys frame- its still around with another STW owner but now green.

austen

On sizing I'm 6'3" and ride a 2008 large, as said above makes it a great throw-around bike for up to 4hr rides. It is a bit short compared to my full-sus but don't notice because of the way I ride it. It would be too short for sitting and spinning up a big (15min+) climb, but I run it 1×9 or 1×1 and get out of the saddle when it gets steep/rough.

Gets me around the local trails, general hoonery and love it at trail centres where it is a grown up BMX. My other bike is beginning to wonder if I've forgotten about them.

hora
    Free Member

Thats one thing- After a ride I felt utterly destroyed for a day.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

I'm 6'1" and have an XL. Feels spot on for more XC orientated stuff. I'm not really a play bike kinda guy.

netgoose
    Free Member

This is my 9 speed with road wheel set up, really lovely bike but on it's way out as I need the shed space.
    I'm selling the frame only (Large).

unstableJ
    Free Member

Miss my Chameleon hugely was a great bike and a perfect all-rounder if a little unforgiving sometimes.

In terms of long rides, I took mine on plenty. Just showing off really but here's me and mine on top of Ben Macdui in the Cairngorms! 2 day ride Aviemore to Braemar over Ben Macdui one day then back via Glen Feshie next day 120 miles plus over 2,000 m of climbing…

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Santa Cruz Chameleon – Opinions and show me yours’ is closed to new replies.