Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Santa Cruz Butcher anyone have one
  • Jeffus
    Free Member

Any feedback on how they ride would be great, cheers

SBrock
    Free Member

Untitled by brockelsby2011, on Flickr

Love mine, pedals lovely, SC spec a low compression tune shock so no need for an RP23 the float does a great job, no pedal bob.
    It’s not the lightest 6″ AM rig, but going down with a pair of 36s it just goes through everything lie a knife through butter!

Jeffus I thought you had a Nomad?

SBrock
    Free Member

Plenty of people have the on mtbr, have a look in the SC section!

skywalker
    Free Member

Looks nice, black forks are the new white, I like them a lot more (although I have white)

robsoctane
    Free Member

black forks are the new white

I’ve noticed this myself… we’ve had grey, white, black – what next Fox?

I’ve read elsewhere that your bike (SBrock) is a flyer and it does look lovely, enjoy it mate!

Jeffus
    Free Member

SBrock sold my Nomad a couple of years ago when I was made redundant,
    pay the bills, bought an Orange 5 , which I’ve just sold , I’m getting a Xc 29er but not til April and thought I still need a 26″ bike to thrash around on Heckler would be good but I have a set of 36’s with a taper steerer so then thought of the Butcher which seems to be an updated Heckler in many ways slacker , taper head tube , just don’t see many around, so I’m looking for a good 2nd hand one can’t afford new,I’ve not looked on MTBR for ages will take a look.
    Your bike looks awesome, never used PPedal on any of my SantaCruz bikes.

SBrock
    Free Member

Yep I had a heckler, it’s very similar but better if you know what I mean, slacker, iscg tabs and pedals very well, it’s my ideal rig for the the dark peak

Jeffus
    Free Member

If I remember it was a v.nice black heckler , the Butcher sounds great just have to find one at the right price 😀

godzilla
    Free Member

Theres a spanking new one with an rp23 on eBay in med for £970.

Jeffus
    Free Member

Thanks Godzilla , its now mine , SBrock I’m a member of the SC gang again, 😀

SBrock
    Free Member

You bought the black frame off eBay???

godzilla
    Free Member

Good buy! If its as described you Get the upgraded RP23, make sure you helitape the top tube as my heckler is quite marked from use.

Jeffus
    Free Member

SBrock , yes and they kindly let me have a headset too, nice peeps,

godzilla yes thats what swung it RP23 in Black , and a headset , never

ridden one so its all exciting, not had any -ve feedback about them.

Heli tape is ready to go on. 😀

Its quite a change for me usually have very bright colours, must be getting old. 😯

I’ll post some pics when it arrives …

SBrock
    Free Member

Nice one put some pics, where is the first ride?

Jeffus
    Free Member

Firt ride , probably my local trails ,from my gate up the mountain then pass through Llandegla for a brew, and a cake 😀
    Then I’d like to take a trundle round Penmachno, and maybe the Marin, I usually go upto Scotland for a long weekend in a month or so weather permitting, it would be quite at home up there, 😆

SBrock
    Free Member

what is your build going to be Jeffus?

Just a tip but don’t run too much sag on the RP23 otherwise you will be too far into the sweet spot of the travel. SC say 15-20mm sag, i find that nearer to 15mm you are the better small bump compliance is.

Also they have a short top tube so bear this in mind with stem length.

Jeffus
    Free Member

Build will be Float 36 Fit RC2 Taper, Flows Hope Hoops, Tech 4 Brakes, XT set up 1×10 with an E-13 SRS, V1 bar and stem and Reverb post , should be around 32-33lb I’m guessing just waiting for delivery now 😀
    Its going to look like a zebra, white forks ,white wheels, white bash guard, black frame 🙂

mmm Stem I have a 50mm V1 and 70mm Thomson so hopefully will be ok with one or the other, I’ve no money left now for this build 😯

I’m building a xc 29er in a few months so they should go well together being at extremes to each other 150mm and 80mm

Thanks for the tip on the sag,settings

SBrock
    Free Member

pretty similar to mine Van FIT RC2 Taper Kashimas, Flows/PRO2s, Elixir CR, X9 Double, Stylo Cranks, Stinger,Thomson Post/Stem, Gobi xm!

Jeffus
    Free Member

😀 very similar build we must have good taste

wors

how are you getting on with it? Have been looking at these a lot.

SBrock
    Free Member

how are you getting on with it? Have been looking at these a lot.

I love it perfect for the Dark Peak, climbs well with no pedal bob, just the right head angle too slightly slacker than a heckler with a 150mm fork, a bit slacker with a 160mm. Lovely bike on the descents, tabs for a chain device etc etc.

Plenty of people of people mtbr have them, check out the Santa Cruz section. Loads of pics&builds on there

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Santa Cruz Butcher anyone have one’ is closed to new replies.