Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Santa Cruz Bullit – Shock shuttle, what is it for?
  • ken_shields
    Free Member

My Bullit frame turned up today and the "standard" shock is 216mm I2I. There is an adjustable shock mount at the frame end of the shock that allows the end of the shock to be moved by about 10mm. Now here's the bit I don't understand. What is the point of this adjustability because there is no way you'll get a 216mm shock in there if you have the shuttle all the way back? I would estimate that you wouldn't get a shock longer than 200mm in there.

Can someone explain this to me please and what effect would it have putting a 200mm shock in there?

Cheers

Ken

toys19
    Free Member

Yes you will and its to slacken the geom.

ken_shields
    Free Member

are say yes to getting a 216mm shock in there?

scaredypants

movable shuttle is to alter angles, as toys said (forward = slacker and lower, as though it's sagged further)

I think the OE shock should fit in either postion – unless SC are morons
    (I've an old one with a 5th element that I think may be 215; it definitely fits both positions)

a 200mm shock (if it has a shorter length when compressed, ie 200 minus stroke compared to 216 minus the current shock's stroke) might cause wheel to foul the frame. I tried mine with a 200/50 which is same compressed length I think. Made it lower & slacker again.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Santa Cruz Bullit – Shock shuttle, what is it for?’ is closed to new replies.