Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Santa Cruz bronson – who's got one?
  • kristoff
    Free Member

Considering a bronson to join my 456carbon.

Who’s got one? After some real world reviews if there is such a thing.

Anyone use one as a do it all bike?

Thanks in advance.

chief1409
    Free Member

Thinking of a Bronson as a do it all bike after my Blur LT got nicked last week. But also thinking of going the opposite direction and trying a Solo…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

get booked onto a SC demo, after reading the STW Solo review it’s of interest (well it’s not as my LTc is only 2 months old and perfect)

kristoff
    Free Member

That’s also my dilemma between a solo and bronson. Thinking if the bronson climbs aswell as reviews say it does then why not put up with a fractional weight gain over the solo.

Do any of the UK suppliers have both as demonstrators? Guessing Stif may do.

sam_underhill

Took one of on a test ride in Aviemore a couple of weeks ago. It does climb well, and sits up in its travel whilst still remaining active. Only downside in that respect is that it feels like it’s using my energy to stay high in the travel. So probably not quite as efficient as my Turner. Although this could also be an unfair comparison due to travel / geo differences.
    On descents it was a hoot. I’d not be disappointed owning one, but I want to try the turner burner first.

philbert31
    Free Member

Only tried my mates on the flat, with pro pedal on its pretty much like riding a hardtail.

zelak999
    Free Member

Test rode a Bronson and found it very efficient compared to my Blur LTc.
    Didn’t need to use the pro pedal for climbing.
    I haven’t tried the solo though.

Skippy

I notice Skyline cycles have both bikes Solo and Bronson at a demo weekend end September. I’m not associated with the shop just keep seeing the advert and trying to resist the temptation to go….

wrecker
    Free Member

I know a couple of folks who are lucky enough to have ridden one. They both said it’s the best bike they’ve ever ridden and are now saving like mad!

robbonzo
    Free Member

Pedal and spoke have both the bronson and solo on demo.

MadBillMcMad

two friends have just bought bikes recently, bothy 650B, one with a Bronson the other a Norco Sight.

Of the two the Norso looks to me much better value & a fab looking bike.

lungman

i made the mistake of test ridng one to see what this 27.5 wheels size was all about. now i own one and truely feel is one if not the best bike ive ever ridden. i didn’t get on with the nomad felt soggy to me. the Bronson pedels well in trail, even in dh mode on the shock. climbs well and on the downs is superb. the suspension seems to support and not wallow mid travel but will use all the travel when needed. feels nippy and will easily change direction mid air. in case you can’t tell I love my Bronson. watch frame size, i’ve always ridden a medium but a large on this.

kimbers

MadBillMcMad – Member
    two friends have just bought bikes recently, bothy 650B, one with a Bronson the other a Norco Sight.

Of the two the Norso looks to me much better value & a fab looking bike.

if youve got the cash for a bronson I dont think youre worried too much about value

antares
    Free Member

Thought the Bronson maybe too much bike for the riding I do so I demoed a Solo the other week…………………I am now waiting for delivery of a carbon Solo frame 🙂

Jeffus
    Free Member

Oneplanet at Llandegla have a demo Bronson, i have to resist only just bought a new bike 😀

robbonzo
    Free Member

Anyone ridden the aluminium ‘budget’ versions?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Awful name, sounds like a gay farmer

bravesirrobin

I placed an order after a short demo ride at Skyline. It does everything my 575 does only better and feels totally planted giving loads of confidence …and yes it does climb very well. It’s going to have to be my “do it all bike” after spending that much!

bravesirrobin

@robbonzo – the demo bike I rode at Skyline was a large alu bike and it felt great …not what I ordered though! 😕

bennyboy1
    Free Member

PSA – anyone with a SC Solo will end up having a relatively ‘rare’ bike. It turns out Rocky Mountain own the trademark and rights to mountain bikes bearing the ‘Solo’ name so all subsequent frames will now be named ‘Santa Cruz 5010’…

Pointless update over. 😉

zelak999
    Free Member

Are the Carbon Bronson frames in stock anywhere?

jez1984
    Free Member

Good luck if you can find a carbon frame at the moment. I’m waiting for one to arrive and have been waiting since mid august. was told earlier in the week that the end of October was the target date for my frame but im not holding my breath.

dlb1
    Free Member

you could try northwest mountain bike,cheadle, manchester. i think they have a tennis yellow/black in large. my black and orange version arrives nxt weekend! apparently.

GolfChick
    Free Member

2wheels in Stourbridge have a demo large carbon bronson in… They also have a medium carbon bronson in but you cant have it cos its MINE!

variflex
    Free Member

Spotted a bronson and solo at Afan this weekend in the shop and also a santacruz demo weekend were there. Both looked lurvely!! just cant afford one yet otherwise I would jump at the chance to get one.

bravesirrobin

I was told last weekend by the nice man from Jungle that the next shipment was just leaving the US and would be available in about 2 weeks. He also said that they will be starting to use air freight to speed things up and that if you ordered one today you would get it in November. So it seems that supply may be finally catching up with demand.

chestrockwell

The chaps in Stif were raving about the Solo the other week. Said it was the best bike they’d ever riden.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Santa Cruz bronson – who's got one?’ is closed to new replies.