Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Santa Cruz Blur (classic) 2005 v Giant Anthem X2 2010
  • fatmax

Folks
    I'm in two minds about whether to get a new bike (Giant Anthem X2) or stick with my old Blur (Fox forks, XT, Thomson post & stem, 819 UST rims etc). Part of me wants a new bike (which would mean selling the Blur), part of me thinks that I love the Blur and that the Anthem won't be significantly better.

Has suspension design moved on huge leaps in five years, or will any changes on what was a classic bike for its time be negligible? Any sensible thoughts appreciated.

Cheers

FTM

fatmax

bump. is the blur outdated compared to the anthem?

cows_in_cars
    Free Member

I had a blur xc and now have an anthem, they are pretty much the same really the anthem is more neutral you hardly notice it working were as I felt the blur was slightly more noticeable that it was a full sus, with it doing it's 'over travel' thing sometimes but both are great. Would only upgrade if need new equipment, seeing as the anthem is pretty good value, the need of a new fork (and a desire for something new and a little longer in th top tube) 'forced' my hand. But I wouldn't say the anthem is really any better.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    dicky
    Free Member

What's tyre clearance like on the anthem? Is it possible to run decent sized (eg 2.25 or 2.35) tyres?

cows_in_cars
    Free Member

I run conti race kings 2.2 which are huge, and still some clearance, not loads (enough to run safely without problems in the mud) but certainly more than the blur, that only had about 2mm clearance at the back with the same tyre.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Santa Cruz Blur (classic) 2005 v Giant Anthem X2 2010’ is closed to new replies.