Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Santa Cruz Blur Carbon XC
  • bennyboy1
    Free Member

Saw my first one of these built up 2 weekends ago in black / silver and it looked awesome! Any one on here got one yet or even had a pootle around on one?

Am seriously tempted to buy a frame and cross parts over from my current xc bike…

mcboo
    Free Member

I'm starting to have ridiculous thoughts about getting the LT in carbon. Even after having broken a carbon full-suss in the past and swearing never to go back there……

neil853
    Free Member

i'm also giving serious thought to the carbon lt, just looks awesome

sofatester
    Free Member

Carbon/pivots/speed/rocks…

…do the maths!

clubber
    Free Member

You're right, when you do the math's sofatester, it's surprising that they didn't do it before. It's clearly a superior material (cost aside)

sofatester
    Free Member

Really? Have you seen a large flint hit a carbon downtube at 30mph?

Still a nice bit of kit though!

clubber
    Free Member

Yep and I've seen similar on aluminium and steel frames. Not good on any of them…

sofatester
    Free Member

Do you own a Carbon Blur?

Or are you this defensive about all new products? 😉

clubber
    Free Member

No, I just dislike people taking magazine b0llocks and quoting them as fact.

Carbon had a reputation for being poor in terms of impact resistance. If you built it in certain ways that can be absolutely right (as has been demo'd by some crap carbon frames made by people who didn't really know what they were doing). Similarly, if done properly then it can be one hell of a lot tougher than similar weight metal frames. There's a famous test that involved hitting a carbon frame tube and a metal (alu IIRC) one together until one broke – guess which one it was…

I don't even own a carbon frame BTW – cost is too high for me – but if/when they get cheaper I will.

sofatester
    Free Member

No, I just dislike people taking magazine b0llocks and quoting them as fact.

I just made it up, thanks for the bite though 😆

neil853
    Free Member

I do own a carbon full sus and i have no quibbles about riding one, i'm with clubber in that its in the construction. People like Trek, Scott and Giant have pioneered the development of carbon construction into something that has clearly equalled or bettered aluminium.

clubber
    Free Member

erm you're welcome… 🙄

sofatester
    Free Member

Bored here, can you guess? 😕

mcboo
    Free Member

I broke a Scott Genius…….wheels never left the ground, purely for speedy XC I swear but break it I did. Snapped the carbon lugs that connect front to rear end behind the BB…..not great design.

SC are going to great lengths to push their carbon bikes as "the strongest frames we have ever built". If I get one and it breaks they are soooooo getting it right back.

Love my Blur alu, carbon is beyond luverly.

compositepro
    Free Member

i like the word better it always defines the….erm reason wh things are better…personally i think the only people allowed to use the word better are honda…because theyre adverts say everything is better

one day someone should really do something about all the hubub around carbon and the old wifey tails

funnily enough do it right and a flint will not really do anything to carbon at 30 mph surprising really…we did some stuff that goes on the bottom of rally cars once and i was sure there was some design requirement about rocks and speed in it…its a bit like bernie ecclestone …..misunderstood

nickc

You can't come on here being all reasonable about a certain black material… 😉

twohats
    Free Member

i like the word better it always defines the….erm reason wh things are better…personally i think the only people allowed to use the word better are honda…because theyre adverts say everything is better

one day someone should really do something about all the hubub around carbon and the old wifey tails

funnily enough do it right and a flint will not really do anything to carbon at 30 mph surprising really…we did some stuff that goes on the bottom of rally cars once and i was sure there was some design requirement about rocks and speed in it…its a bit like bernie ecclestone …..misunderstood

At last, someone speaks sense about carbon… Well, apart from Clubber…

RepacK
    Free Member

Im having a really good hard luck at an E120 or the BlurXC carbon…Mmmmm..Any thoughts?

druidh
    Free Member

Or a new Commie Super 4 Carbon ??????

RepacK
    Free Member

Blur Xc is the lightest of those 3..

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Santa Cruz Blur Carbon XC’ is closed to new replies.