Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • santa cruz blur 4x
  • Ringo
    Free Member

Soo thinking of getting one of these frames can anyone tell me what trhere like for regular trail riding. i mainly want it for pissing about on in trail centres and such i already have my normal bike for cannock and such. also if anyone has some pics it would be good.

Pauly

Love mine. In bits just now as it’s been usurped by my new LTc.
    I’ve had Rebas, Revs & Lyriks on my 4X; it’s a real do it all bike. Build it tough as a mini-DH pocket rocket, or light for an all dayer. I raced Set2Rise on mine.

HTH

slowrider
    Free Member

They are pretty heavy, massively overbuilt for a trail centre bike. Great as a mini dh bike and not badas a trail bike but not quite long enough in the tt for me. Nowadays there’re plenty of trail bikes that have similar angles but are more suited to your stated purpose.

Ringo
    Free Member

id be looking at the long frame which has tt lengh not far of my 29er, i like the fact it looks really well built

slowrider
    Free Member

Sounds like your mind is made up. Enjoy!

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Found mine to be very versatile. Done all day rides on it easily, a week in Verbier doing not 100% ‘downhill’ but nearly every day was 6000m+ of vertical descent on super tech trails with a bit St Bernard Pass ride thrown in. But I’ve finally settled on a build perfect for me and the type of riding I do (or rather get a chance to do with a young family). Got it with 140mm Thors, 1×9 setup, big brakes, Joplin etc and its superb. Grind up hills – ride the descents at a million miles an hour or take the mad steep stuff nice and slow.

Looking at banging a Lyrik or a 36 on it now to increase the madness levels…

tazzymtb

hijak- Ringo have you gone with a gates carbon belt drive on the IF big wheeler? if you have can you email the details to me please fella.

Ringo
    Free Member

Taz ive lost your email address email me mines in profile
    and ill explain how its coming along 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘santa cruz blur 4x’ is closed to new replies.