Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Santa cruz 5010c 2014
  • turbo1397
    Free Member

Hi folks. I’ve got the chance of the above bike at a really good price. Is there much difference between the 2014 and the 2015? I know they’ve changed the geometry slightly but was the 2014 one ‘bad’ in any way?

kristoff
    Free Member

Some people say they’re too short but if you’ve tried one and like it why wouldn’t you?

They’re a cracking bike. I ride a bronson and although the changes appeal my mk1 bronson is still far more capable than I will ever be… Although that doesn’t stop the I wants!

dms01

I have a bronson, and rode this bike as a demo a month ago. It was great, and appeared very nearly as capable as a bronson, on anything less than ultra rocky trails. It climbs better as well. Yes there are changes to the linkages, and the sizing has been changed on the new model, as well as a few other changes. I am sure it ‘better’, but ask yourself this, are you good enough to actually notice? If you can size up, then swap out the 70->50 stem….. You would be very close.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    turbo1397
    Free Member

Yeh it’s an xl I’m looking at. Currently ride a asr5 in a large which is a similar length to the xl 5010. The one I’ve got the chance of is also specked with pikes rather than 32’s.

chestrockwell

I was in Stif when this bike was first out and all the staff were raving about it. I can’t imagine it’s become a bad bike in a couple of years. The current long/low is a trend, not the answer and a good bike will still be good regardless.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Santa cruz 5010c 2014’ is closed to new replies.