Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • santa cruz blur lt's………………..how tough..
  • ton

are they please.
    big boy's views only..

slowrider
    Free Member

i had a blur 4x so cant comment in general, though i could flex the back end a fair bit with my twelve and a half stone, only when being a bit daft though.

lister-hooded
    Free Member

17 stone plus here

and mine is GREAT…love it

crikey
    Free Member

My mate has bust two rocker links in 18 months, and is on his second full set of bearings. He's a strong chap, but not big or that mad on it.

mcboo
    Free Member

Am 88kg. I love my Blur LT, really great XC bike and have had it down all kinds of madness in the Alps. I do tend to go through bearings and shock bushings fairly regularly though, I know they are supposed to wear out but they aint cheap and it happens fast enough to be a bit of a pain.

Is the only full suss I've had for any length of time so hard to compare. On my 3rd set in 2yrs, is that good or bad?

Don't notice any flex in back end.

MisterT

depends how much you use them, but around here the shock mounts (top hats) seem to wear stupidly fast. (peak district) – ok they are getting used long and hard week-in week out, but the riders are 11 and 12.5 stone apeice. one is the alloy version, the other is carbon.

they seem to need new top hats every month!!!

RepacK
    Free Member

No problems on mine (ridden pretty much every week & been abroad with it) – having said that it is in for a big service so my LBS might find something expensive..

ton

how stiff in comparison to a heckler is a blur..

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Mates rocker link went kapow in the Alps, he had to borrow another bike the rest of the week!

ton

just been on mtbr reading up on em……….
    dont think it is a good idea.

stevomcd
    Free Member

MisterT: Ditch the top-hats and get some decent shock mounts from BETD or TFTuned!

slimtubing
    Free Member

Ton have you considered Konas in you quest to personally keep the cycle industry afloat in these austere times? i an not as lofty as you but tip the scales at a cuddly 93 kg, have found the Coiler amply(?) takes all i can throw at it.

StumpyBlurRider
    Free Member

im 95kg an mine is sweet as a nut !! but nuts aint sweet ??

Raindog
    Free Member

I think it's down to luck with the individual bike. I had my Blur for five years, and although at the time I varied between 85 and 100 kg I never had a single problem – indeed I never changed a bearing, and didn't need to even when I sold it. As long as the rear triangle is completely square to the frame you'll be fine. If it's slightly out I don't think it matters what you weigh, you'll be changing bushes.

MountainMutant
    Free Member

[q]Is the only full suss I've had for any length of time so hard to compare. On my 3rd set in 2yrs, is that good or bad?[/q]

Well we do a lot of riding in the same conditions and my 4 year old Yeti 575 is still on the original bearings! The bushings could do with changing as there is slight play but bearings are fine.

MM

Should add I am 90kg odd too

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Get another Heckler Tony..

You know you want too…

bigsi
    Free Member

Ton – YGM 😉

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘santa cruz blur lt's………………..how tough..’ is closed to new replies.