Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Santa came today & brought……
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

cos of work, we had Xmas tonight. My Mrs said I’d never guess in a million years what she’d got me, & she was right…..Framed trials gloves!

When I was 17 I started trials riding, the motorcycle type. Rode for about 15 years. these were the last gloves I used & as a sentimental thing I kept them, usually under the cushion on the sofa, God knows why! I said I’d never get rid of them (even though the palms are shot) as they were ‘a symbolic part of my memories’, or summink.
    Anyway I thought it was an awesome idea!
    Anyone else had anything as mad?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

What a truly thoughtful gift. 🙂

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Honestly, i pissed myself when I saw that!

dan1980
    Free Member

That’s a great present.

My father decided that what I really needed for Christmas was a radiator key, which he presented to me in a ring box…..

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I was once given a kettle by a couple I know. Trouble was, a friend came round, and recognised it as a present they’d bought them. Bit embarrassing. 😳

It was a crap kettle too. Cheap rubbish. I cursed the lot of them.

Lionheart
    Free Member

Great pressie and every time you go past you will remember the trials days and today!

Wish I had my old ones..

DrT
    Free Member

Brilliant pressie. My Dad made me a bike workstand this year which incorporated a drill vice I machined as an apprentice piece over 25 years ago. It had been buried at the back of his garage for years, brought back a whole heap of great memories when I realised what it was 🙂

warton
    Free Member

My mum got my old bunny that never left my side till i was 10 framed, its quite cool. she also got me an empty ostrich egg, and I don’t really know why…

Alcopop
    Free Member

Love the Trials gloves idea i had an old pair of Jofa’s that i used on mines back in the day(what is at about gloves i never held onto any other old kit) but these were sadly lost in a garage clear out a few years ago

darrell
    Free Member

I got this year a series of photos put into a big picture frame. They are of the squat in Zurich were i met my missus for the first time. Its since been demolished.

Excellent gift

matt_outandabout

Our fruit and veg shop (MacGregors) has the Bob Macgregor trousers framed on the wall like that – search for Killin Bob Macgregor.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Santa came today & brought……’ is closed to new replies.