Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Santa Barbara, CA
  • Carlos45
    Free Member

Gents,

I’m going to be in Santa Barbara for 4 days in August. Would love to hire a bike for a day and do a trail or two. Some of the YouTube vids look fun.

Any pointers re bike hire and trails (which are easy to find and follow)would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation…

float
    Free Member

no idea about riding bikes there, but santa barbara is my favourite place ive ever been to. Its really amazing.

anyway the main road (state street) has about four bike shops on it, so at least one of them will be able to give you some pointers. cyclists seem to outnumber cars on the main street, so i presume the rides should be pretty easy to find. tag along with some locals maybe?

but yeah, i was shocked at how many people were on bikes, not just cyclists either. people were actually using them to go the shops and stuff instead of driving. beautiful, enjoy.

kayak23

Sorry, again I can’t help with the riding, just to say when I visited there about 2 years back and went to a beautiful house in the hills, there were blokes on downhill bikes coming down the steep street, obviously just at the end of some awesome track.
    Great place to be, but the house I visited got badly damaged in the scrub fires shortly after I went.

Carlos45
    Free Member

Just found out that the house I staying in is 2 miles from the start/ exit of Romero Canyon – which whilst a long double track climb appears to have a 3 mile technical descent in the canyon/ creek.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Santa Barbara, CA’ is closed to new replies.